News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Instructor Boot Camp Winterset IA March 14-15

Started by Twineagles, December 16, 2014, 10:49:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twineagles

We will be having an IBC this March 14-15th at the Madison County Sportsmen's Club in Winterset.

Camping at either Bryce's or my house will be available. I have room for 6-8 to crash in my basement too. There will be a $10 fee for the weekend. Lunch will be included you will be on your own for other meals.

Mike
515-468-8031
Every time I teach a class, I discover I don�t know something - Clint Smith

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. � John Wayne

SoapCreeker

I plan to be there but only for Saturday.  Thanks!
"Ultimately, the most important skill for the patriot is marksmanship"

AFTERMATH

I suppose I should check in and say I'll be SB for this event. 

We're about a month out - I've got a few ends to tie up but I'll get the planning process started shortly.

In the meantime get signed up and check in here so I know who's coming.

If you have any questions feel free to reply here or send me a PM.

[not from IA]Alex
763-74ALEX1
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Ames

AFTERMATH

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

Twineagles

We need to get some others to participate. A weekend like this will help you to understand why we teach the skills in the way we do.

hope to see you there!
Mike

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. � John Wayne

Ames

Two buddies of mine are also coming -- we are all IBC first timers and looking forward to it!  (They should already be officially signed up.)

Cort

PHenry

The value of an IBC with such a seasoned instructor at the helm CANNOT be underestimated. Simplicity and precision - the minimum number of spoken words, results in the greatest retention. IBC is immersion education - a chance to let the world go for a weekend and develop skills and friendships that will last a lifetime. Tempis Fugit my AS brothers and sisters - Carpe Diem!

Oh, and you'll also learn "Rifleman Yoga".  O0
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Twineagles

We have 6 signed up and have room for more. Location has changed for Saturday and you will receive an email from me today with directions. There are some excellant orange hat candidates coming it will be a fun weekend.

Mike
515-468-8031

AFTERMATH

QuoteCarpe Diem!

Indeed, and that day is rapidly approaching!  Unfortunately, it's only two days, though... 
That doesn't mean we won't cover a weeks worth of subjects. ^-^

Required items:

1)  Brain
- one is good enough but if you've got an extra lying around feel free to bring that one too.
- Preferably, the aforementioned brain should ready and willing to receive, process, recall and present information/knowledge.

2)  If you've got number one what else do you really need?

Recommended items:

1)  Pen/pencil/paper - This is to make #1's job easier.

2)  A story to share - specifically, surrounding the events of April 19th, 1775.  Does not have to be one of the strikes or DOM.
     - Actually, I'm tempted to put this on the above list.... 

3)  A rifle - who leaves home without a centerfire rifle?  But I figure, just in case you like to be different, I'd have you bring it along.

4)  Ammo - because what good is a rifle without ammo anyway. 

NOTE:  Course of Instruction for a two day IBC places classroom time(POI) preeminently.   No guarantees on live-fire, but with our small group we should move along quickly.

5)  Instruction/presentation tools - any sort of visual aides you might have.

6)  Comfort items - I believe Mike will have some refreshments, and stuff.  Maybe give him a call, and see if there's something you can pitch in on.  We'll be putting about 8/hrs day - so make sure you have whatever it is you need to get you through.

Preparations:

1)  Prepare your heart and mind for taking a drink from a new firehose

2)  Read the manual/instructor guidelines

3)  Read Paul Revere's Ride

4)  If you have any specific questions you'd like to ask at the IBC, write them down and bring them with.

5)  Be prepared to improvise, adapt, and overcome.

Watch, listen, learn, observe and ask questions.

Winterset 3-15 will be glorious!

Mike, Buzz, am I forgetting anything?