News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Lady instructors Fl Roll Call

Started by Sly223, December 16, 2014, 09:07:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sly223

We are starting a quality and quantity of Lady instructors in Fl.
We are also fielding a lot of questions from Ladies who attend events about Lady events.
One of the first steps to getting something started, is to start!
I guess we need to know who you are and what area, county, city, township, village ,whatever.
Just to get an idea of what might be a common location. example: Sly223 (SWF or LEE co or North Fort Myers)and current Rank IIT4.
thanks Ladies,
God speed,
In Liberty,
Sly223 ..:..
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!

rambo granny

Sly,
Sounds like an truly awesome--and overdue-- idea. Count me IN!!!!  Rambo Granny, Red Hat, Welaka (North/East/Central area)
I'm always on the lookout for potential new lady instructors and young adults in general.

Bet not many folks check the state board so perhaps a pm with same message to each? I am going to copy your message and do that.

All FL ladies I know of are:

Lucky Lori, Red Hat, Tallahassee
MinuteMom IIT2 working on 3
TowerFlower IIT0-has not been active but I bet a Ladyseed would get her attention
Heidi Heidi, rank ?, Melbourne area?--have never met her
Insane Mom, ? ?--have never met her
Dead Eye Red IIT3, not currently in FL and inactive, she has previously said she would like to participate in LadySeed though.
RBC @ IDMR 02/17, requal KD May 2017 @IDMR 49/50,
RBC IDMR 1/18: requal KD, Shingle shot & 2 MOA steel shot @ 300,
RBC IDMR 1/19: requal KD;  >100 events; Post accident>Adaptive 4 min AQT scored 5/1/22
This info block too small for ancient instructors.😉

The IMPOSSIBLE is Not always impossible when an IAO (improvise, adapt, & overcome) is applied! Add focus, creativity and stubborn to win!

Quote from a very wise man, our own amazing Scuzzy:
"Pray. But eventually you're going to have to pick up a rock." - David

Minutemom

Hi Sly,
Let's do a Ladyseed!
Minutemom, Gainesville (N Central) IIT3
Thank you for taking the initiative on this.
Bad men cannot make good citizens. It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains." - Patrick Henry

The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

"In the prevailing political theory of the founding era, the family was considered one of the essential pillars of republican virtue, and it not only needed to be nurtured, but also protected from the tyranny of the government.... American revolutionaries and their descendants understood marriage and the family to be schools of republican virtue. -Mary Lyndon Shanley, Review Essay, 27 Law & Soc. Inq. 923,

inSANEmom

I just moved to Florida from Alabama a few months ago. I'm in the Tampa Bay area (specifically Valrico). I'm an IIT0... traveled back up to Georgia in October for a shoot and finally shot Rifleman. Keep me in the loop!
-----AMY-----

Above all, we must realize that no arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women. It is a weapon our adversaries in today's world do not have. - Ronald Reagan

Sly223

I guess for now I have a shoot box ready and only 6 events in Myakka next year!
So I will SB until I am releaved by a woman!
This might help soften my crusty edges.
..:..
The where and the when is up to y'all!
In Liberty,
Sly223
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!

TomM1Thumb

I just sent DeadEyeRed a heads up on this, only time will tell on a reply, I think it will all depend if She is in the Area when this happens.
" The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. €�  - Alexander Hamilton
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."    -- Thomas Jefferson

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine

malabar

I suspect it will take more than that!

tk

Quote from: Sly223 on December 18, 2014, 02:54:44 PM

This might help soften my crusty edges...

The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

-- Justice Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court, 2003

Sly223

ouch tuff crowd!
"Keepin' it Real in the 'SEED!
..:..
Heidi Heidi, Also has a "Mini-Me"
Heidi Rose who is the most incredible youngster to bless my line probably ever.
One event she was so slight,
she could not support the muzzle,
so we gave her a sand bag,
for that and then she showed us she was completly independant.
Not only shot score multiple time but never made an error or mental mistake ever!
Beyond impresive. More like mind blowing!
Not To mention from Christopher the Father to the entire family that took me in and cared for me as if I were their own.
No matter what type of accolades I try to give this Family they would pale in comparison to meeting them and finding out just how great of people they really are.
Chris even drove me to his fathers house to meet his parents treated me like Gold. His father not only one of the most interesting well rounded man but exteamly intelectual I deeply enjoyed my times with the entire family and wished I could live in their neighborhood in the Palm Bay area to have more oppourtunities to mingle with great passionate Americans.
Sly
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!

xsquidgator

Central Florida Rifle and Pistol Club in Orlando is having its annual Ladies' Day event on Saturday, March 28, 2015, and Appleseed will be there for the 2nd year in a row.
AAR from last year --> (http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=40400.0)

Ladies' Day has been an annual event at CFRPC for many years.  Last year was the first year that Appleseed was represented.  The event and the Appleseed part of it were a great time and a big success (several families later attended Appleseeds at CFRPC based on exposing Mama to Appleseed at the event).  The lady instructors were especially effective and impressive, and I'm sure the ladies attending this year would be thrilled to meet you!

PM me if you're interested or would like more information.

Sly223

I just suggested and IBC that weekend.
Dont worry they always shoot me dowm :---
I also need to put out there that you ladies need IBC also there are so many little things that can only be covered in this environment not to mention even the one I did not want to attend was the most rewarding weekend ever with out ever firing a shot! ..:..
Sly
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!

alkeford

Quote from: Sly223 on January 08, 2015, 01:59:58 PM
I just suggested and IBC that weekend.
Dont worry they always shoot me dowm :---
I also need to put out there that you ladies need IBC also there are so many little things that can only be covered in this environment not to mention even the one I did not want to attend was the most rewarding weekend ever with out ever firing a shot! ..:..
Sly

BANG  :---
Esse Quam Videri (To be rather than seem to be)
Powder With My Brother Ball Most Hero Like Doth Conquer All,
Tomet Nosce
The Suda, a tenth century encyclopedia of Greek Knowledge, says: "the proverb is applied to those whose boasts exceed what they are,"and that "know thyself" is a warning to pay no attention to the opinion of the multitude.

Sly223

OK ladies
We have an official IBC on the books for 11 & 12 April
Get signed up! We have everything at Appleseed except excuses.
If you are serious about Appleseed IBC is a must!
Prior to my first I wanted nothing to do with even the idea of learning to teach for two days with out shooting!
I have only missed one since.( birth of daughter Addison)
The result of me finally getting my patch and the ensuing celebration!
Hope to meet y'all there!
BTW ladies have a real chance to outnumber men at this event.The boys will be shocked.
In liberty
Sly223
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!

PHenry

We just got two new IITs - Hannah and Sophia, AKA Nancy Hart and Mossey Oak I believe. I think Hannah's sister, Madison may join as well.
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Nancy Hart

Quote from: PHenry on February 09, 2015, 02:25:46 PM
We just got two new IITs - Hannah and Sophia, AKA Nancy Hart and Mossey Oak I believe. I think Hannah's sister, Madison may join as well.

You got me and my sister mixed up! Hannah is considering joining sometime soon. Count me in though! Anything I can get involved with sounds good to me O0

PHenry

So sorry ma'am - dyslexia is so not nuf.  :wb:
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Valkyrie7

New Lady instructor here - given my orange (and blue) hat by our darling Sly223 I'm December. I live in Tampa and can travel somewhat..... This is the last semester of my undergrad, so my time is limited. Just saying hello"!
I would like to see every woman know how to handle firearms as naturally as they know how to handle babies. ~ Annie Oakley

alkeford

Esse Quam Videri (To be rather than seem to be)
Powder With My Brother Ball Most Hero Like Doth Conquer All,
Tomet Nosce
The Suda, a tenth century encyclopedia of Greek Knowledge, says: "the proverb is applied to those whose boasts exceed what they are,"and that "know thyself" is a warning to pay no attention to the opinion of the multitude.

Sly223

Ladies to get a great start in our program get to an IBC asap.
No amount of reading studying or time on the line can make you a top notch instructor like an IBC.
No where else will you get a chance to sharpen and hone the skills needed to become high speed in this program.I highly encourage anyone who is serious about being good fast.
Otherwise good luck on the trail.
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!

Sly223

3 ladies for the roll call of Fl :shootself:
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!

Sly223

I started a new thread simply titled Ladyseed, Please check in there for accountability!
Sly223 ..:..
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!