News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Houston MO, Dec. 13-14 2014

Started by connibear, December 15, 2014, 10:07:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

connibear

Our last shoot of the year and it was a good one. We had four shooters show up to learn marksmanship and hear the story of Liberty. The weather was forecasted to be sunny and 60 degrees but ended up being the mid 40s and complete cloud cover with a mist in the air a good portion of the day. We had our safety briefing then engaged our redcoat targets. We found out we had some work to do so we got to it. By the end of Saturday we had some good grouping. Sunday came along and showed some better weather with sunshine that we hadn't seen in about a week, boy did we enjoy that. We did our reviews did some NPOA drills then engaged in some AQT'S. After  just a few AQT'S there started to be some serious rifle malfunctions so we opted to do a short KD class and then shot out to two hundred yards.

The history portion brought some good conversation so we probably did as much discussing history as we did shooting. I believe with that, it made for a great event.

Thankyou to our shooters for coming, Jeremy, Korey, Dave you guys came with good skills and improved throughout the weekend. Will, you came with barely being able to hit the paper and left with groups that were decent, so please keep on practicing and putting everything together that you learned and that Rifleman patch won't be far behind.  O0

Thanks to Big Piney Sportsmans Club for allowing us to use their range, and thanks to Ozark Settler and a big thanks to soundmoney for coming on short notice, you guys are awesome. Also before I forget I want to give a congrats to Ozark Settler and SoundMoney for clearing their redcoats at the end of Saturday proceedings, you guys represented the instructor corp very well.  O0 Now you better keep it up. &)

I will post pics tomorrow using a faster server.. :))

Feel free to post comments....
......"Where the spirit of the Lord is there is Liberty."    I Cor. 3:17b

A Nation that does not serve the Lord Jesus Christ cannot and does not have Liberty.

SoundMoney

This was a great Appleseed even though I made the mistake of relying on the weatherman  :slap: As connibear said, there was a big difference between the forecast and the actual conditions. Big thanks to the four participants who braved the weather and made it to the event. The participants knew ther liberty, their history, and how to operate a trigger. It was a joy to help them get better at all 3, and I learned quite a bit myself from the participants. Great group of guys all around and I hope to see you at another APpleseed event  :cool2:
"It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning." - Henry Ford

"Paper (money) is poverty...it is the ghost of money, and not money itself." - Thomas Jefferson

"No state shall make make anything but gold and silver coin a tender in payment of debts." - Article 1 Section 10 of the United States Constitution

connibear

......"Where the spirit of the Lord is there is Liberty."    I Cor. 3:17b

A Nation that does not serve the Lord Jesus Christ cannot and does not have Liberty.