News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Miamisburg, OH - Dec. 13/14, 2014

Started by slim, December 14, 2014, 09:18:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slim

So awesome to see Americans get up off the couch in the cold, overcast weather to learn the tradition and heritage of American rifle marksmanship. Eight shooters left their comfy couches and joined us on the line to save the country. We got busy on the Redcoats and spent much of the rest of the weekend persisting through equipment issues with mostly borrowed rifles, mags, slings and even a yoga mat before setting the average score on Sunday's AQTs at 199! Not too shabby for a bunch of first-time attendees!

You guys made this event easy for the staff and I appreciate it. This was one of the "fun ones" (nothing like hearing grown men singing Taylor Swift songs!) and I can't wait to see y'all out on the line with some big boy rifles so we can put that Known Distance lesson to the test.

Don't forget to dry fire and get on them CMP rifles. Keep up the good work and I'll see y'all out on the line again soon.  :---

Handmeat runs us through the finer points of the Steady Hold Factors for prone position. 

Shooters trying out prone for the first time.

Handmeat walking us through shot group analysis or "Talking Targets."

Shooters working through the prone position on Saturday morning.

Setting the bar and beating those Texans.

Trying out the standing position.

Sunday's AQT grind.

New Riflemen Chris & Jay. Mark & Scott weren't too far behind in the 200s and Brandon & Lee both scored over 190. Daniel broke two rifles Saturday and showed up Sunday to shoot his brand new Ruger with stock sights getting all the way up to a 179!  Matt couldn't make it back on Sunday but did really well Saturday shooting over 175 as well. All American Marksmen at this event. Huzzah!