News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Fredericksburg, TX Dec. 6/7 2014

Started by drip drop, December 09, 2014, 05:41:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drip drop

Howdy All!

We had a great shoot this last weekend in the Hill Country of Texas!  There was a good mixture of experienced shooters and first-timers, young and Alarm-Listers.  I'm glad everyone came out! 

We had five qualify as riflemen:
Tyler 220
Robert S. 220
Jacob W. 217
Evan 220
Rob S. 210

Fantastic!

There were plenty more right on the edge, so keep up you dry-fire practice and come back in the Spring.  We'll be glad to have you.

I'd like to thank all the families that came out.  Our youngest shooter was Ethan, and at 11, and I have a rifleman patch just waiting for him to come out again!

I saw a lot of persistence and grit out there and it was great to be around a large group of people who spent a weekend exercising their liberty!

Finally, I'd like to thank our crew.  Jerry organizes the set up crew on Friday to get things going smoothy for the weekend.  Mark did a great job with his first SBIT, and I look forward to a couple more from him.  ;D  Don earned his Red Hat with a good telling of the Third Strike and doing all the instruction.  Congrats!  That's quite an accomplishment.  Ron got his feet wet with the Dangerous Old Men, and did very well, as I had expected.  Jeremy and Dan were dependable and fun to be around, as always.  Finally, our blue hats Tonya and Roger came out for a bit, and it was good to see them.

Cheers,

Ray

:pics:

A-lister

Once again another great weekend with some fine folks. It does ones heart good to see the excitement on peoples faces after learning some new skills. The weather cooperated with us, a bit cool at times but nobody complained. The father daughter, grandpa and grandson, dad and children groups that participated are an inspiration to us, and our hope for the future of Appleseed.
   Thanks Ray for putting us IITs to the test and being our mentor. Thanks Mark and Don for doing a fine job teaching us the ways of the Rifleman. Jerry and Tonya as allways how could we survive with out you. Dan it was great getting to know you and having your help there as well. Jeremy I cannot thank you enough for your encouragement and example in helping me getting started.  :)) 
We in America do not have government by the majority-we have government by the majority who participate......All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

CG59

Don- congratulations on your acquisition of the Red Hat! Please consider making the trip out to Midland and be our Shoot Boss. You will have access to at least one IIT.
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms  is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."  Thomas Jefferson