News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Buckeye, AZ - Dec 6-7, 2014

Started by azmule, December 07, 2014, 12:20:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

azmule

An Arizona winterseed is one where you need to wear a jacket or sweatshirt for the first couple hours each morning.  Such was this weekend at the General Joe Foss Range in Buckeye, AZ - where seven shooters and two instructors braved the elements  ;D to improve our marksmanship and celebrate the choices and accomplishments of America's founding generation.

The Saturday morning Redcoat targets showed room for improvement - or maybe some evidence of shivering from the chill, because by mid-morning all groups had tightened impressively, and by the end of the first day we had one cleared Redcoat target and three new members of Morgan's Rifle Co.  By the end of the weekend we celebrated the emergence of three new Riflemen - Seth, Justin, and George; with the rest of the line showing much improvement and seriously knocking on the door.  Congratulations guys!

This is the place for any discussion, questions, comments, pictures, etc. for the December 6-7, 2014 shoot at the General Joe Foss range in Buckeye, AZ.
Talk is cheap because the supply exceeds the demand.

Do or do not - there is no "try."'  -Yoda

CactusTheLuckyBushwacker

azmule

Oops - getting ahead of myself again.

CactusTheLuckyBushwacker

This is the ONE PIC I took all weekend.   :shootself:

One of the three newly-minted Riflemen from our class.

Iron_Man

azmule,
Hats off to both of you for hosting a great class!! I learned a ton, had a great time, and can't wait to do it again. I'm actively canvassing and plan on bringing several people with me the next time I return.

Congrats again to Seth, George, and Justin for making Rifleman. Well done guys!

--Chris

azmule

BTW, to help us fill the lines in 2015, there is a poster of scheduled events in Buckeye at http://appleseedinfo.org/eventPDF.php?locationid=72&id_event=1

CactusTheLuckyBushwacker

Hey, here is a link to the story about the girl in NM that defended herself against a mountain lion attack.

http://gunwatch.blogspot.com/2014/12/nm-girl-shoots-mountain-lion-in-self.html?m=0

Azmule, any chance we can see some of the pics ya'll took?

--Seth

armaborealis

Huzzah!

I'm looking forward to meeting you guys soon!
Rifleman - 1 July 2012 - Gaston, SC
KD Qual - 27 September 2014 - Elberton, GA

azmule

That's a very cool story from NM!  Focus under stress!

I'm still trying to get those pictures - they weren't taken by my phone.

Armaborealis, you guys get all moved yet?  I see you were at the Boulder shoot a couple weeks ago.