News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Instructor Boot Camp Dec 13 & 14 -- Chugiak Senior Center 0800 -- 1700

Started by fisherdawg, November 26, 2014, 12:38:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fisherdawg

We will be holding the IBC at Chugiak Senior Center at 22424 Birchwood Loop in Chugiak.  It's the same exit from the Glenn Highway as Birchwood Range only you turn east (toward the mountains). It's about 100 yards up the road on the right. We will be in the Day Services room at the east end of the complex. Park in the east end of the parking lot.

Senior Instructor Eric McCabe will be teaching and you sure don't want to miss that!

Please check in with fisherdawg so we can get an approximate head count.  If you are coming in from out of town, it's likely we can find you free lodging with other Instructors.  Please plan to bring sack lunches for Saturday & Sunday so we can have a working lunch.  I'm sure  we will head out for pizza Sat. & Sun. evenings

Please contact me if you have questions. I hope all of you can come as this is Instruction of the very highest value.

fisherdawg

If men were angels, no government would be necessary. If angels were to govern men, neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary. (James Madison)

"Young man, what we meant in going for those Redcoats was this: we always had governed ourselves and we always meant to. They didn't mean we should."
(Captain Levi Preston, of the Danvers militia, at age 91, remembering the day)

That it is an indispensable duty which we owe to God, our country, ourselves and posterity, by all lawful ways and means in our power to maintain, defend and preserve those civil and religious rights and liberties, for which many of our fathers fought, bled and died, and to hand them down entire to future generations.  Suffolk Resolves, September 9, 1774, attributed to Dr. Joseph Warren

hogfamily

Will fisherdawg be teaching his new NPOA String of Fire drill?   ;)
Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, Appleseeds, and Weekend Warrior Turquoise Miners.

"Move that fat ass Henry!"
"Don't swing your balls or you'll swamp the boat!"

fisherdawg

Quote from: hogfamily on November 26, 2014, 02:03:59 AM
Will fisherdawg be teaching his new NPOA String of Fire drill?   ;)

At least once a day, every day.  I hope.
;)
If men were angels, no government would be necessary. If angels were to govern men, neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary. (James Madison)

"Young man, what we meant in going for those Redcoats was this: we always had governed ourselves and we always meant to. They didn't mean we should."

That it is an indispensable duty which we owe to God, our country, ourselves and posterity, by all lawful ways and means in our power to maintain, defend and preserve those civil and religious rights and liberties, for which many of our fathers fought, bled and died, and to hand them down entire to future generations.  Suffolk Resolves, September 9, 1774, attributed to Dr. Joseph Warren

hogfamily

Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, Appleseeds, and Weekend Warrior Turquoise Miners.

Taka222

I know I'll be there, but I may have to bail a bit early on Sat for a work thing.
PREPAREDNESS - "When you need it and don't have it, you will sing a different tune." Burt Gummer

Medicus

I am coming, and I have verbal commitments from Jordan and Clay.
"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." Samuel Adams

"Just relax in the sling; we're going to make fun of you." -Pete!

fisherdawg

Currently I count 15 in for the IBC--
Eric
Wally
Chris
Pete
Dave
John
Hannah
Bill
Scott
Andrew
Mel
Matt
Sean
Jordan
Clay
Please let me know if you are unable to print the outline above.  I'll print a copy for you.

fisherdawg

We have room for more!
Bring your cased rifle to use for modeling positions.)
Bring a bag lunch for Saturday (We'll likely go out for Sunday lunch
2 Day IBC Document (Wally can print if you absolutely do not have access to a computer printer)
Note book & pens
Teachable Attitude
Let's met there by 0745 so we can start at 0800 -- there's a lot to cover.
Contact me if you have questions.
Wally

Pete!

For those you you that went last year, it is the same POI.  So, you can save some printer ink if you still have that one.  (Yay me!)

This will be a good event.  How often do you get to Appleseed while indoors? 
-Pete

"It is an enormous simplification to speak of the American mind. Every American has his own mind." -Ludwig von Mises (Theory and History)
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein (The Moon is a Harsh Mistress)
"Those who are in love with practice without knowledge are like the sailor who gets into a ship without rudder or compass and who never can be certain [where] he is going. Practice must always be founded on sound theory." -Leonardo da Vinci (#19 Of the Mistakes made By Those Who Practice Without Knowledge)

509gman

Who has what rifles and what are you bringing? I have marlin 60 (as does Mel), bringing the SKS, also if you want I can bring my .308 American. It has the same operating system as the American rimfire that we've been seeing on the line. I'd like to see some "other than 10/22 or AR" rifles so we can learn how to handle them on the line.
"What! what! men, dodging this way for single bullets! What will you do when they open fire along the whole line? I am ashamed of you. They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist-"
Last words of Union Gen. John Sedgwick, before he was killed by a Confederate sniper.

fisherdawg

Quote from: 509gman on December 07, 2014, 12:30:09 AM
Who has what rifles and what are you bringing? I have marlin 60 (as does Mel), bringing the SKS, also if you want I can bring my .308 American. It has the same operating system as the American rimfire that we've been seeing on the line. I'd like to see some "other than 10/22 or AR" rifles so we can learn how to handle them on the line.

Definitely bring your .308.  I can bring M1, 10/22's & a Savage .22.

I suggest that attendees bring everything they've got.

At the end of the day on Sunday, I want to have a 2015 Planning Session.  We have have some super opportunities to expand the program.  I'll bring a "Year at a Glance " calendar.

fd

hogfamily

Pete!

-Pete

"It is an enormous simplification to speak of the American mind. Every American has his own mind." -Ludwig von Mises (Theory and History)
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein (The Moon is a Harsh Mistress)
"Those who are in love with practice without knowledge are like the sailor who gets into a ship without rudder or compass and who never can be certain [where] he is going. Practice must always be founded on sound theory." -Leonardo da Vinci (#19 Of the Mistakes made By Those Who Practice Without Knowledge)

509gman

Bill, did I hear you say at last year's ibc that you have an FAL? Or was that someone else?
"What! what! men, dodging this way for single bullets! What will you do when they open fire along the whole line? I am ashamed of you. They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist-"
Last words of Union Gen. John Sedgwick, before he was killed by a Confederate sniper.

hogfamily

fisherdawg

FourFans

Don't mind me,, just checking what my forum profile looks like.

Looking forward to IBC. Maybe an SKS would be a good addition too.
  --Four Fans of Freedom (C-130 to POGs, REMFs, Joe Public,,lol)
"should something happen,,tell the children of this night".
   --credited to Capt Parker, April 18th '75

22 A DAY

509gman

FourFans

You're right,, my bad.
Like I said, don't mind me.
FWIW,, I've been on both sides of the ramp.
--FF
"should something happen,,tell the children of this night".
   --credited to Capt Parker, April 18th '75

22 A DAY

fisherdawg

Quote from: fisherdawg on November 26, 2014, 12:38:48 AM
We will be holding the IBC at Chugiak Senior Center at 22424 Birchwood Loop in Chugiak.  It's the same exit from the Glenn Highway as Birchwood Range only you turn east (toward the mountains). It's about 100 yards up the road on the right. We will be in the Day Services room at the east end of the complex. Park in the east end of the parking lot.

Senior Instructor Eric McCabe will be teaching and you sure don't want to miss that!

Please check in with fisherdawg so we can get an approximate head count.  If you are coming in from out of town, it's likely we can find you free lodging with other Instructors.  Please plan to bring sack lunches for Saturday & Sunday so we can have a working lunch.  I'm sure  we will head out for pizza Sat. & Sun. evenings

Please contact me if you have questions. I hope all of you can come as this is Instruction of the very highest value.

fisherdawg

Please note that we are using Entrance 'D' -- east end toward the mountains.