News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

RED BLUFF, CA NOV 22-23 AAR

Started by NorCal22Gal, November 25, 2014, 10:39:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorCal22Gal

What a great weekend!!!!

Temps were a bit on the chilly side (yes I know some of you in the east would call me wimpy and ok so I am).

11 folks on Saturday and 8 on Sunday came out to enjoy a wonderful weekend of rifle marksmanship and Heritage stories.

We started out Saturday with the safety briefing and Red Coats.  Once we began teaching it was clear that this was a group serious about their marksmanship skills and learning them well.  Groups were a good size and kept getting smaller and right on target.  Some of our shooters had been to previous Appleseed events and it was evident that they were starting to get it all together.

We stopped for lunch and Huck and I told the 3 strikes to an appreciative audience. 

Back on the firing line we continued with the instruction, then were able to get in a couple AQT's before we started getting too cold and loosing the light in the clouds that were still lingering.

First time shooter Cody posted the first Rifleman score of the weekend with a  very nice 221.  He followed it up with a 215 and his wife Crystal posted a 219!  Great job!

We ended with the red coat and it seemed pretty much every one had improved. 

Sunday was a sunny day but cooler overall. 

Chris, Jacob and Brian got to warm up a bit by chasing the cows off the range...

We reviewed the safety and then were off on the review of Saturday's instruction.  Lots of nice groups right away.

We stopped for lunch and told the tales of the Dangerous Old Men and some Determined, Dangerous Dames.

Back on the firing line, shooters were serious about the AQT's...took some folks a bit to get their minds on the next shot and not on the one they just fired....

Thomas posted the first Rifleman score with a  210 and was dampened with the Waters of the North Bridge (a bottle of water since there are no nearby bodies of water and it wasn't raining that day).  He solidly backed it up with a 218, after switching to his Garand. Nice Work!!

Jacob, finally put all the pieces together this time and scored a very nice 212, making his Mom and the rest of us instructors very happy!

Brian and Dave had some equipment issues that held them back but I'm sure they will be out again and getting those scores.

Christopher, Ethan and Paul you're getting there, and it's been fun watching you guys improve by leaps and bounds.  Keep practicing and you'll get there.  Nolan you were missed on Sunday.

Thomas stepped up and took an orange hat and will be our newest IIT.  Leah has decided to become an Apple Core until she scores Rifleman and takes and orange hat herself.

Thank you to all who were able to stay and help us clean up and put the range equipment back.

THANK YOU TO ALL MY INSTRUCTORS, COULDN'T DO IT WITH OUT YOU!!

See you all next time.....bring a friend or two when you come back.

Laurie
NorCal22Gal
dShoot Boss

Your instructors:

Laurie            NorCal22Gal  Shoot Boss
Joe            Eaglescouter
Tim            56Huck
Brian            Brian H
Carrie            CarbineCarrie
Matthew         Scoutcamper

viperrt1

It was a very nice experience. Thank you.
All the instructors where very nice and informational.

I went in with a open mind to learn marksmanship and I did. I have no doubt the next shoot competition season both cmp and nra I'll be shooting in the gold range.

I learned far more then I thought. I am looking forward to helping and spreading the word. As well to pass on what I learned.  ^:)^

My rifles
Dad's old Ruger 10/22 1980 vintage. Iron sights = 210
My US rifle 30 cal, Springfield M1 from CMP. Iron sights  = 218

Don't panic just aim.

NorCal22Gal

We look forward to having you and Leah on our team!  Thanks for coming out!

eaglescouter

Photos ! ! !

Old Guy:  Do it long enough and you get really good at it.

Rifleman:  Sacramento:  Four Ought Nine
Full Distance:  Red Bluff:  What year was that?
Pistoleerâ„¢:  Hat Creek:  Three Twenty One

Make yourselves good scouts and good rifle shots in order to protect the women and children of your country if it should ever become necessary.
--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)

eaglescouter

More Pic's ! ! !
Old Guy:  Do it long enough and you get really good at it.

Rifleman:  Sacramento:  Four Ought Nine
Full Distance:  Red Bluff:  What year was that?
Pistoleerâ„¢:  Hat Creek:  Three Twenty One

Make yourselves good scouts and good rifle shots in order to protect the women and children of your country if it should ever become necessary.
--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)

viperrt1

Don't panic just aim.