News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Is there interest in a KD event in WY?

Started by colonial shooter, November 19, 2014, 03:50:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colonial shooter

M1bzrk and I just had a string of thoughts.... (scary huh!) Would there be an interest in a known distance clinic in a state with the most shooters in residence? How many instructors could we turn out for an event like this? How many students? Lets hear what you think!
"When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny." --Thomas Jefferson

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Plato

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

Mike Nollett

I would drive to Wyoming for a known distance shoot.
"You'll never learn how to shoot, until you learn to shoot fundamentally"- Patrick McDonough

colonial shooter

It will be a pleasure to have you back! Shame I won't be there in person.
"When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny." --Thomas Jefferson

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Plato

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

M1bzrk

Same here, Mike.  It was good to see you again in Nebraska.
Suggest 2 days, i.e., Saturday & Sunday, 1st part of June.  Input??
berk

Mike Nollett

I hope all is well with you Berk.Two days would be great. Early June is open for me.
"You'll never learn how to shoot, until you learn to shoot fundamentally"- Patrick McDonough

BigLonely

I'm in! Thoughts on location? Douglas?

Big Lonely

rocket

Glad to see the interest. Powell, WY would work, and VERY WELL. We use our HP range routinely for reaching out to 1000 Yards. Just a thought. There is kd, and then there is LONG KD. Take your choice, it's good. We can quickly do 400 and realize it's pretty attainable by most, then truly take the test at 1000.

Mike Nollett

Gee Rocket I don't think my HBAR has enough clicks for 1000 but my LRB M14SA might.

rocket

Generally at 1000 yd range think scopes. A scope base with built in MOA is required or at least highly desired. MIL dot or similar graduated hairs very beneficial.

Choose glass and mounts wisely. If you run out clicks for your caliber, Kentucky alone will not reliably produce good hits. From memory with one of mine, elevation MILS from 200 to 1K is on the order of 7 MILS (21 ft). Yes, A lot.

OR, Think rather boltie with good glass. Much more practical for the rare 1K requirement. (forget the 300 ultra, it burns barrels, does not buy you much over the 300 winmag ).

r

Hope to meet you this summer.