News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Bakersfield,CA. November 8-9, 2014 AAR

Started by Cal 7.62, November 18, 2014, 09:00:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cal 7.62

AAR Bako 11/8-9/14
We had three fine Americans who came out to learn marksmanship & heritage.
Ryan (the L.E.O.)
Jim ("Safety Jim" our 3 or 4 time Appleseeder)
Paul ( our walk on student)
The redcoat scores showed we had some work to do. It was time to turn on the fire hose of Appleseed knowledge.
1st thing we had to work on was slings. Ryan wanted to use the sling that he had. While it wasn't the G.I. web sling we normally use, he wanted to "make do with what he had" and it worked out pretty well for him. A rifleman persists!
We also had to rig up a sling for Paul.
With that outta the way the groups started to shrink. :---
Safety Jim kept us on our toes, making sure that, we were making sure the rifles were on Safe!
Fast forward to Sunday
Today we had help from IIT Noah_RN. He really shone as Line Boss. We call him the Instructinator.  ~~:)
"Shooters, you preparation period begins NOWWWWWWWWW!"
Ryan wanted to shoot his M1A today, that had a G.I. websling.
( He switched back to his 10/22 later. You know; ammo, recoil and all that.)
Paul mentioned he was having trouble seeing stage 4 on the AQT with his AR's sights.
I loaned him a scoped LTR and the groups got SO much better. ( I think less recoil also helped)
By late Sunday it seemed the grind had taken it's toll with the scores plateauing out.
Paul was the most improved for the weekend and would've gotten a rifleman score except for some feeding and ejection problems.  !@#)
That and we ran out of time. And he was sooo close too. 203!  :wb: 
I know that with  persistence these Americans will achive their rifleman scores.
Thanks to these folks for coming out  and sharing an American tradion with us. O0
And a big thank you to Noah_RN for helping out on Sunday. :bow:
Pics coming shortly.
"Let us therefore rely upon the goodness of the Cause, and the aid of the Supreme Being, in whose hands Victory is, to animate and encourage us to great and noble actions - The Eyes of all our countrymen are now upon us..." - George Washington