News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AGC Marriotsville, MD December 6 & 7, 2014

Started by ShiguChan, December 07, 2014, 06:23:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShiguChan

The weather on Saturday was rough with a cold rain, but we had 7 shooter come out to learn about heritage and marksmanship. And what a great group of shooters they were!

The by the end of the weekend we had 3 new rifleman (congrats to Shariff, Joe, and Charles - aka Gunny). Great shooting from all of you. Four of our shooters cleaned the redcoat earning "coveted Maryland front sight patches." Shariff, Joe, Joe, and Gunny. Not only that, but Joe and Gunny scored 247 (scope) and 234 (irons) respectively earing distinguished front sight patches.

One shooter (Joe) brought out a bolt gun for his first Appleseed and was impressive keeping up with the semi-autos. If we taped the parts of his AQT together, he would be among Maryland's riflemen today, so he clearly has the skill. Including time management while running the bolt!

Meanwhile navybowhunter worked hard with Kevin to improve his shooting drastically. Just keep focusing on the front sight and you're practically there.

And I'm sure that with the 3 point difference in AQT scores, it will be only a matter of time before Smitty wants to have a rematch with Carol to even the score  >:D

Finally - happy birthday, Carol. I can't think of a better way  to celebrate than with the story of the our heritage and a good time shooting with friends!

Vjornaxx

Hi, this is Sharif.

I'd just like to say that this was a great shoot to participate in! Even though it was cold and wet, I learned a lot. Not only were the instructors very active and helpful, but Joe (who is an absolutely phenomenal shooter) offered many useful pointers which directly contributed to me earning my Rifleman and Front Sight patch.

Thanks to everyone at the shoot!
"The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true."

navybowhunter

Great Shoot, and Sharif, congrats on the Orange Hat!  We need all the quality instructors we can get in this program, to ensure it grows!

I'm working "Joe" hard, and think he will become an integral part of the Instructor Corps soon.  He would be an AWESOME asset to the team for sure. 

Congrats to all that earned their Rifleman status, and also to those that cleared the RedCoats! 

A Rifleman Persists!  Hope to see you all on a Project Appleseed Firing Line again soon!

HUZZAH HUZZAH HUZZAH!

R/
Chris

navybowhunter

Here is the link to the RWVA Appleseed store for a Christmas Special discount on Appleseed events!  Great for a gift, or for those that want to save a few $$ for that next Appleseed event:

http://store.rwvaappleseed.com/page10.html

navybowhunter

For those not on Facebook, here is a link to the photos that I took this weekend.  Included is a BONUS video of Doug calling the line, and Joe's awesome "standing" position.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BxT3dg1kPb6CaDJjMkJxLTlhUTA&usp=sharing_eid

R/
Chris

Sailor Seed

This was my first shoot and not my last. Thanks to all the Red and Orange hats for a good time and giving us the history and skills of our fore fathers. I know we were at the mercy or the range for time but the one thing I would have liked was maybe a little more time on the breaks to decompress between rounds. Great job everyone and we have signed up for the 18-19 April shoots. Looking forward to a historic weekend

Smitty  :~