News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Tampa, FL - Nov. 6, 2014 - Practice/Social Night, Dinner and History

Started by 308LIBERTY, November 12, 2014, 08:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

308LIBERTY

This was an experimental Appleseed/Libertyseed hybrid event to build camaraderie, practice, do promo and share history. We had 10 people total attend throughout the evening. 4 Instructors, 2 of our wives (also past students), 1 repeat student, 1 brand new orange hat from out of state and 3 introduced to Appleseed for the first time.

Florida Firearms Academy was gracious enough to reserve one wing of their range and allow us to use their classroom for a brief intro to Appleseed (by PHenry) and a quick safety briefing (by myself) Stoneknives donated several awesome door prizes, (including ammo), and the new orange hat, inSANEmom, came out to meet us for the first time. We look forward to having her on the lines soon.

Promo materials were handed out, including our new regional newsletter, tri-fold, "Rifleman's challenge" business cards, redcoats, AQTs and a special "6 steps" flyer I made up.

We spent just over an hour practicing with minimal instruction, had a friendly contest with redcoat targets and then left the range better than we found it. Afterward we met for dinner and history. I told a brief intro to April 19th and the Siege of Boston which resulted in a "round" table discussion as even our new students proved to be quite the history buffs themselves.

We handed out some T-shirts and other swag, did a drawing for 1 free Appleseed gift certificate and inSANEmom was presented with a copy of Paul Revere's ride donated by PHenry.

Everyone who attended responded through a Facebook invite, although it was also printed in a Tampa Regional newsletter and elsewhere. Despite a few last minute cancellations, the turnout was actually perfect for the size of the range and everyone seemed to enjoy the evening, left with a smile, and hopefully some inspiration too.
"We have always looked upon men as a set of beings naturally free - that a people can never be divested of those invaluable rights and liberties which are necessary to the happiness of individuals, to the well-beings of communities or to a well regulated state, but by their own negligence, imprudence, timidity or rashness. They are seldom lost, but when foolishly forfeited or tamely resigned." ~Jonas Clarke

308LIBERTY

Photos!!!
"We have always looked upon men as a set of beings naturally free - that a people can never be divested of those invaluable rights and liberties which are necessary to the happiness of individuals, to the well-beings of communities or to a well regulated state, but by their own negligence, imprudence, timidity or rashness. They are seldom lost, but when foolishly forfeited or tamely resigned." ~Jonas Clarke

PHenry

When a volunteer like Three'oEight is so fired with the passion for our worthy mission, as regional coordinator, I am inclined to let them run with it. Dwight did a lot of work in getting this going and it turned out well. It offered a chance for a social gathering with less time and effort required (at least on attendees part), as well as a chance to hear history not offered at a weekend event.

I'd like to see more.  O0
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata