News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Another reason to Appleseed

Started by Polaris, November 11, 2014, 09:59:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Polaris

Another reason to sign up for the RWVA and shoot and Appleseed.  The CMP will be holding a regional event in Minnesota August 2015 complete with all the matches and sales tent.  Think of it as a mini-Camp Perry.

A good reason to sharpen your shooting skills and show them off against some "real" rifle shooters (I guarantee, if you're capable of rifleman or near rifleman scores, you'll turn some heads in the fuddy duddy crowd that dominates these shoots).  Would be awesome to get a good turnout of Appleseeders, maybe even a couple on the podium.

More details and links will be provided as they become available.
Owning a chainsaw doesn't make you a logger.  Put some wood on the truck and keep all your fingers and toes at the end of the day, then I'll be impressed.  Likewise with rifles.

AFTERMATH

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Blackdog

Green Machine

Quote from: Blackdog on February 15, 2015, 09:30:14 PM
Where did you hear about this?
CMP's website show they will be at Gopher from 19-23 Aug.

Polaris

They also have some CMP games matches (vintage/garand/MSR) coming up where you can get a feel for how these competitions run.  I usually make these matches.  They are fun and low key.  A good introduction to formal high power competition.  The vintage sniper is particularly challenging with the swirling wind Gopher is famous for.
Owning a chainsaw doesn't make you a logger.  Put some wood on the truck and keep all your fingers and toes at the end of the day, then I'll be impressed.  Likewise with rifles.