News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Charlottesville, Virginia Nov. 8-9, 2014 AAR

Started by FiremanBob, November 11, 2014, 09:13:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FiremanBob

First, thanks to all the students for your energy, attention to safety, application of learning mindsets, good humor and persistence throughout the weekend. It was a privilege to work with each of you.

Scores on the Redcoats showed steady improvement; on both Sunday Redcoats there were 4 Morgan's Shingles hit and at least one cleaned target. Katie Sue brilliantly demonstrated the power of the Rifleman's Bubble of intense concentration as she hit the shingle dead center on the last Redcoat.

Scores on the AQTs also showed steady improvement - there was a lot of learning that happened this weekend. The extended quiet time on Sunday (shooting begins at 1330 here) enabled each shooter to work on building good positions and NPOA, and practice smooth transitions and mag changes. These  paid off as nearly everyone was able to complete the rapid-fire stages except for a few equipment malfunctions. My only criticism (and chronic - happens at every shoot) was that students rushed through Stage 4 and the scores showed it. Only one person consistently took more than three minutes on this stage, and nobody as much as four. Those four tiny silhouettes require taking the time to get NPOA, sight picture and trigger control/follow-through perfect on every single shot.

Congratulations to Bob S. and Jim B. on their Rifleman qualifications. Jim blasted through the door, with a 231 as his first qualifying score.

Luckily we beat the Polar Vortex by a week. Temps were near freezing in the early morning but turned perfect by noon on both days.
Author of "The 10/22 Companion: How to Operate, Troubleshoot, Maintain and Improve Your Ruger 10/22"

"Remember constantly that a nation cannot long remain strong when each man in it is individually weak, and that neither social forms nor political schemes have yet been found that can make a people energetic by composing it of pusillanimous and soft citizens." - de Tocqueville

Messer

I'd like to thank ALL of the volunteer Instructors & Helpers for providing a great weekend of history & marksmanship training! Some of these folks drove 2.5-3 hours to get to the range - truly a dedicated group of good people.  O0

We had a good group of safe shooters, and the Appleseed was a great way to share time on the range.

I practiced some things I knew (but had not done in a long time) - learned a few things I didn't, and have a few things to practice before my next Appleseed. (I WILL bring elbow pads next time!!!)

See you on the range,
Bob S.
Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.

jmdavis

"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

AMHLDO

The wind really kicked our tails on Saturday!  Huge thanks to all the participants that demonstrated incredible persistence and patience while we worked through that.

PICS included and they're also on our Facebook Page.  Please check it out and feel free to tag yourself in the photos.

Like and Share
https://www.facebook.com/ProjectAppleseedVirginia?ref=hl

Messer

Thanks for the pics AMHLDO - and thanks again for helping with the clinic!

Take care,
Bob S.
Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground.

navybowhunter

Awesome Pics!

Congrats to Bob S and Jim B! 

Looks like it was an awesome shoot!

R/
Chris