News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Appleseed at Newberry Nov 8 and 9, AAR

Started by TAZDevil, November 11, 2014, 11:13:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TAZDevil

AFTER ACTION REPORT:  Newberry, SC: November 8 and 9, 2014

Temperatures in the AM were in the high 30s and 60s F by afternoon, there was no wind. 

The range in Newberry is primitive with no running water or toiletes.

We had 9 students on Saturday and 6 on Sunday. 
Students were extremely enthusiastic.  7 of 9 were new to Appleseed.

Shoot Boss: TAZDevil
Shoot Boss in Training:  General Stuart
Red Hats: DEH and TheIronMantis

SAFE days and we created another rifleman, Jeremy.  Two othere were knocking at the door.
Our fellow citizens were extremely receptive to the heritage aspect of the course of instruction.  Two patriots were interested in becoming involved with the program.
"An Englishman's home is his castle" Jason Russell

"Posterity, you will never know how much it cost the present generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that ever I took half the pains to preserve it."  John Adams

General Stuart

Job well done guys. All of you are exceptional shooters. You should all be proud of how you improved over the course of the weekend. All of you are capable of shooting a Rifleman's score. Congrats to Jeremy for qualifying. I had a blast spending my weekend with true patriots such as yourselves. I hope you went away from the event feeling better about yourselves as Americans and a better appreciation of our rich heritage. I look forward to seeing you on the line soon.   
"I am resigned; Gods will be done."
Major General J.E.B Stuart

AA4LB

This was my first Appleseed. The weekend far exceeded my expectations. Thanks to four great instructors who gave up their weekend to teach us marksmanship and make the early history of our great nation come alive. I have a lot of practice planned before the next South Carolina Appleseed in the spring and I look forward to returning. Really going to concentrate on that "bottom row".

Singleton

I would also like to thank all four instructors for contributing their precious time to the cause.

All four were very helpful on the firing line and taught the history lessons with incredible conviction. You're all patriots in my book.

I should also commend you all and especially the shoot boss (Taz) on running such a safe event.

Special thanks to Taz for loaning me his 10/22 on Saturday and a sling for my AR on Sunday. That is an incredible trigger you have on your 10/22.

Gen. Stuart gave me some great advice on mag changes that really helped with my AR (and my rifleman score). I was having trouble getting to my bolt release or charging handle in the prone position to charge the new magazine. He got me to mag change after first shot on the 2-8 rounds of fire, eliminating the need to get to the charging handle or bolt release and allowed me to stay closer to my original NPOA.

Can't say enough about the event. I've been telling a lot of people about it and I think I'll get some of them to come out with me for the next Appleseed. I'm even talking to my wife about attending the IBC in Toccoa next month.
"bushwhacking is a legitimate form of war, and it is just as fair and equally heroic to fire at an enemy from behind a bush as a breastwork or from the casemate of a fort."
- John S. Mosby

TheIronMantis

It was a pleasure to work with all of you shooters.  I hope to see you on the line again in 2015!