News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

St. Augustine, FL November 8 & 9, 2014 - Ancient City Shooting Range

Started by FLawyer, November 10, 2014, 03:35:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FLawyer

Great weather, great shooters, great instructors.  It doesn't get much better than this past weekend in St. Augustine.

From 11 year old Summer (at her 7th Appleseed - a highly motivated and enthusiastic young lady), to Bob Trotman who drove from Savannah, GA to his first Appleseed (he would love to have one at his home club in Georgia....); from Aleeshiaia who had never shot a rifle before to several returning Riflemen it was a great group of people.  Odonell (active Air Force), Kevin -17 and getting ready to join the service.  Every single person was highly motivated and paid attention. 

We had one new Rifleman - Bob Trotman - our oldest attendee at his first Appleseed - shot the score once on Saturday and backed it up on Sunday.  Well done sir. 

Dix - a Rifleman and Blue Hat cleared the Redcoat on Saturday morning with his M1A.  Awesome shooting.  Confirmed his Rifleman status with a 10-22 on Saturday afternoon and then switched to shooting AQTs with the M1A on Sunday.  As he was using a scope we turned his target backwards and just placed a black dot the size of the V ring on the side facing him as a challenge.  Of course he rose to the challenge and shot a 227.  .30 cal holes coming through from the back are very very easy to score.  I will see if I can post a picture of the target later.

Several people were shooting in the over 190 range by the end of the AQT grind on Sunday.  Keep up the dry practice and you will get there. 

Thanks to each of the shooters for coming out to spend the weekend with us and a special thanks to the instructors who made my job so easy.

On Saturday 9mm4545 and RamboGranny joined us.  Present for both days were smoakingun, Prof. C.J., TomMiThumb, and ridefun2.  tonedef who had been on a leave of absence for several months after the birth of his first child came out to join us on Sunday and quickly brushed off the rust.

FLawyer.

All men have been endowed by their Creator with the unalienable right to keep and bear arms.  All we have do is protect it.

Molon Labe!

FLawyer

All men have been endowed by their Creator with the unalienable right to keep and bear arms.  All we have do is protect it.

Molon Labe!

TomM1Thumb

What a great weekend, All fine Shooters, a few old Favorites, even if they are Young Like Summer. I am very Proud of this Young Lady on Saturday She shot an AQT with the score of 161 a marksman's score. But the Pictures tell this story, She is very good in Prone a 36 on stage 3, and an 84 on stage 4,
" The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. €�  - Alexander Hamilton
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."    -- Thomas Jefferson

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine

TomM1Thumb

I will now post the rest of Saturday's pictures, Silly Me left My Camera at home Sunday!

" The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. €�  - Alexander Hamilton
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."    -- Thomas Jefferson

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine

ToneDef

I was honored to make it out t "brush off some of the rust" and instruct with a great group of patriots. I look forward to many more weekends with you all. To our new Rifleman, Bob - Congrats, now work on bringing more folks out to Appleseed so they too may have the opportunity to learn the only sport endorsed by the founding fathers. Summer, keep everyone on their toes!  ~~:)  I was so glad to meet and work with all of you.

Remember: Only Perfect Practice makes Perfect! Now get off the couch and practice!
"Freedom had been hunted round the globe; reason was considered as rebellion; and the slavery of fear had made men afraid to think. But such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants, is the liberty of appearing." - Thomas Paine, Rights of Man, 1791

"There's the country of America, which you have to defend, but there's also the IDEA of America. America is more than just a country, it's an idea. An idea that's supposed to be contagious." - Bono

Palatka ten twelve "Smoakin' IBC"