News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Marine Corps Marksmanship

Started by jmdavis, November 06, 2014, 04:12:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmdavis

VA High Power Rifle Team coach and multiple National Champion Alex Arietta, sent this link to this video out to the Virginia Team. There is good stuff. Some you will know and some you will learn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvW-0zUghTk

Note particularly the instruction for trigger control. Grip varies by individual. The important thing is to activate the trigger straight to the rear WITHOUT disturbing sight alignment.
"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

Border-Run

jmdavis

I think that I have posted Green's video before.

I was scoring for him once at Camp Butner back in 2012 and he had an issue at 600. He lost the first sighter. The second one was just on the paper. The first shot for record was an 8 followed by 19 10's and X's. On that day a 198 was only good enough for 2nd place at that yardline.

But make know mistake, he is a man that knows what he is about.

"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner