News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Leyden MA, Nov. 1-2 2014

Started by goodpiper, November 04, 2014, 02:52:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goodpiper

We had 14 hardy Patriots braving the elements ( between Saturday's wet and cold and Sunday's cold and windy) sharing knowledge and heritage with 7 dedicated instructors . The big question on Saturday was whether to take shelter from the rain and freeze or stand by the fire and get soaked.
Saturday saw Sam B. take a Rifleman patch, with a score of 217. Everyone else persevered, and impoved

Sunday saw erichmatt make the cut, with a score of 212, and Chris G. made it with a score of 215. A big "Well Done" to you all.

As always a big Thanks to the instructors I had the pleasure, and honor to work with. You folks make it easy: lupis42, MetalgodZ, Sir_Ludavic,  exodious, Mr.Freedom, and wheelwrench. Thanks!

I would be remise not to give a hearty thanks to Stan M. for keeping a roaring fire going most of the day Sunday. Thanks Stan!

goodpiper

More Pictures

erichmatt

Thanks for a great weekend.  I now have some good stuff to practice at home.

I am looking forward to going to another event next year.

hbennett

Goodpiper always puts on a great event, and Saturday Nov. 1 2014 was no exception.

The weather was cold, wet and raw, about as miserable as it gets.   Hannah and Sam were warned that the weather would be miserable, but wanted to come anyway.  Who says Massachusetts kids ain't tough!  Sam came really close to scoring Rifleman at the last event and really wanted to earn that patch.  His perseverance finally paid off with a 217 score.  This was Hannah's first Appleseed.  Sam and dad had disappeared on several weekend to attend these "Appleseeds", and after the stories her brother Sam told, she wanted in on it too.  For a kid that had no experience with a rifle, she sure held her own for the day with a personal best of 167.  She has her eyes on one of the purple rifleman patches, and I do not doubt it won't be long before she earns one.

Even with the rain and the cold, Hannah had, by her own account, an awesome time. She cannot wait to attend another Appleseed in the spring, next time, hopefully with her cousins in tow..  She went home with some good stories, and a lot of bragging rights...Sam  went home tired, and relieved that all the work finally paid off in attaining his goal. 

Dad went home happy with a newly minted rifleman, and  one not too far away..

Focus Your Mind on Keeping the Front Sight on the Target
--
"I'm a free born man of the U.S.A."

Mr.Freedom

Henry, it was a real pleasure to watch your family interact at the Seed. Your kids are real stand up Americans IMHO. I also enjoyed working with you because of your sense of humor!
Don't Ever Forget 9/11

I Pray Not For An Easy Life, But That I Become A Strong Person.

THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph Thomas Paine