News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Coupeville, WA 25-26 Oct 2014 AAR

Started by Earl, October 25, 2014, 12:43:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Earl

Checking the weather, looks like rain for two days, but the temperature is fine. See y'all on the line. O0
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

Earl

I am home safe, from a most wonderful Appleseed event, and lots of great folks doing the best they can in bad weather with rifles unknown, and known, and some great instruction from a fine group of VOLUNTEERS with the RWVA. The LORD really loves me and thee, because my cup and my mind overflows and you will have to tune into the blog or After Action Report to find out. Love you for all your blest and your best. Sleep well tonight.

Pictures I can crop, contrast, color and share...
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

Fixer

The words will come in a bit.  For now, pictures!

Earl imparts The First Strike:

Paul delivers The Second Strike:

Shooters on the line, coaching by fyrediver:

Tracey_B and Earl demonstrate the seated/sitting position:

Fixer

It was a great pleasure to spend my weekend amidst the rainy hug of the PNW; beset on all sides by eager shooters.  From my vantage point, their minds soaked up the instruction, heritage and history just as readily as their clothing soaked up rainwater.

This was an especially persevering bunch.  They overcame the adversity of weather, of unfamiliar firearms, and of (for most) entirely new concepts.  The Redcoat targets were proof enough of that.

Take what you learned to heart.  Practice finding, adjusting and checking NPOA.  Drill your magazine changes and, most importantly, dry fire, dry fire, dry fire.  Every one of you has a Rifleman patch in your future, I hope each of you comes back to reach out and grab it.

Lastly, I meant what I said in the introduction.  I came for the marksmanship but came back for the mission.  Take a "Respiratory Pause" to recall the 3 Strikes and what they mean to you.  Can you picture yourself on Lexington Green in the wee hours of the morning?  Standing next to your father, your son, your brother, your uncle, your friend, or everyone you know by name? 

If it stirs you like it stirs me, get involved, in whatever way you can.