News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Shoot this weekend at New Philly

Started by Corvette, October 21, 2014, 01:13:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corvette

Hello Ohio Appleseed;

We have a shoot this coming weekend at New Philadelphia, Ohio.  We have 11 pre-regs at this point and I expect that we will have a few more by this weekend.  Right now its just me signed up to instruct.  I sure could use some help this weekend.  New Philly is a great range. We have 300 yds available on our range and a 600 yd range available right next door. 

Would really like to have some help this weekend, come join us at the nicest Appleseed range in Ohio.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

CornfedinOhio

LindaFromAppleCreek

Ted has firefighter training, so I have kid-duty.

It really stinks! I will miss you guys!
aka Mustang380gal

Corvette

That's ok family first. I still need to process you daughter's Blue Hat promotion now that she has a forum name. I haven t forgot, will get to it after this weekend's shoot.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Corvette

We could still use some help at New Philly this weekend. If anybody can make it even for only one day, your eyes on the line would be appreciated.

Corvette

Dougum

Dad said something about going to help out but I'm tied down to the house this weekend. I'll build a fire under him to get signed up. Sorry I'm missin' you guys this weekend

Doug
Love your country, but never trust its government.

-- Robert A. Heinlein

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"

-- George Washington

You say drake I say Brantley gilbert

You say T-Pain I say Jason Aldean

You say Kanye I say randy houser

You say Pink I say Kenny Chesney

You say Pop I scream COUNTRY

You say Justin Bieber I rip your head off

Corvette

Thanks I Appreciate the help!

Corvette

chippendale

Corvette,

I was hoping to sit on the couch this weekend and watch football.  If you PROMISE to cook some sausage breakfast sandwiches on Sunday morning.....then I'll put down the remote and hang out with you guys.

Thanks,
chippendale

Corvette

Deal get signed up and will see you there. Good chance to meet Slim and get a PC done.

Bfast on me.

Corvette

GoldFish

C'mon!  It is a fantastic opportunity to work and shoot with 2 of the best instructors in the state, Corvette and slim.  Yeah, football's great, but how does that really compare to a Fall weekend of shootin' KD in New Philadelphia, OH, with Steve and  -:) ?  Hope y'all have a great time!
"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity

CornfedinOhio

What a great time!
The kids were amazingly safe.
Im glad I don't watch football!

bas

What a weekend! Hearing the kids (old & young)  Huzzah as they saw there groups get smaller was great. Corvette and the leadership did a great job and the weather was fantastic. Thanks for the the orange hat. Looking for the next step.
"If ever a time should come,
when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government,
our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."
--Samuel Adams, 1776--

Del

DaveT

I'm sorry I'm late to the party. I wanted to say thanks so much to everyone for a great weekend. Thanks to Corvette for running the show, and to Wheeler, Chippendale, Cornfed, and especially Slim. (I feel like I'm forgetting to thank someone in the list and I apologize for that).

I hadn't taken the kids shooting in a while, and we went out a couple days before the Appleseed to just let them get a couple magazines through the rifles and get them reacquainted with running the safeties, bolt releases, etc. Afterward, my daughter told me she didn't feel comfortable around weapons (I have NO idea where that was coming from). So I had an unexpected challenge for the crew as we entered the weekend. I messaged Corvette about it, and he said he'd have it under control.

So, when we arrived, he assigned my daughter to Slim's care. Corvette wasn't kidding when he said he paired her up with the Rifle Whisperer. From reluctant to attend (I told her she had to go through the first day at least), he got her feeling competent - and confident - on the line. And by the end of the weekend, she was outshooting her older brother.

On top of that, Corvette lent me his rifle when my Marlin 60 wouldn't cycle reliably through an entire string of fire.

So...a great weekend, the kids and I had a great time, and everyone saw improvement. Still no riflemen from our family, but we're all motivated and looking forward to coming back in spring.

Thanks again to everyone. Until then, as Slim would say - pewpewpew, 'Merica!

Corvette

DaveT,

All I can say is it was our pleasure to have such a fine family group on the line.  O0  I look forward to working with all of you again next spring.  Only been a couple of weeks but I miss the "Appleseed Trail" already and being with such fine "pewpewpew Mericans".

Practice what we taught over the winter, I have plenty of Riflemen (and Riflewomen) patches waiting for you all next spring.

Corvette

Corvette

DaveT, were you able to find the AAR on New Philly, lots of pictures from the weekend.  If you have not seen them yet, go to the top of the site to AARs and find the New Philly entry.

Corvette