News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Noblesville, IN - Oct. 11/12, 2014

Started by slim, October 13, 2014, 01:38:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slim

20 Americans gave up their weekend to come out and exercise their birthright as Marskmen. Huzzah! Vast improvement was made by all and we had fun working as shooters and coaches after we made it through the initial scramble of green and yellow. I'll shut up now so you can see what you really came here for - the pictures!

Thanks to everyone for a job well done and I'll see you on the trail again soon.  -:)

BuckCreek

I just wanted to thank Slim and the other volunteers again for the excellent job they did putting on such a great event and making everybody feel welcome. My father-in-law came all the way from Crosby Pennsylvania for it. It was our first Appleseed, and we both enjoyed it immensely.

All of the people involved were very friendly. They did an excellent job making it a safe and fun learning experience. I got rid of sum bad habits and picked up a lot of very useful skills.

My father-in-law and I both enjoyed the history parts as well.
We had both attended the Libertyseed during the NRA convention, but it was nice to hear it again along with some new bits.

Please pass our thanks on to the people that let us use the rang for the event.

We both look forward to more Appleseeds in the future, and already have in mind family and friends we will encourage to attend as well.

Thanks again!

-D.W.

greyfox

QuoteWe both look forward to more Appleseeds in the future, and already have in mind family and friends we will encourage to attend as well.

Huzzah!

Loren

millsusaf

We had a great time at this weekends event.  The weather was amazing and the instruction and history stories even better.  I was able to meet my goals; better my score from last year at lower power (2x) with my .22 AR and to score Rifleman with a .223.  Using the AR I shoot for 3gun competitions with a 14.5" pinned barrel and a 3MOA red dot sighted in at 50 yards I met and exceeded that goal scoring my best Rifleman score ever on the last AQT of the day.  Appleseed has truly helped my shooting skills, after my first AS event last year I noticed an improvement on the long range stages for 3gun.  Even without a sling the principles I learned at Appleseed helped me get hits on targets as small as 8" out to 300 yards more consistently using that red dot.

More importantly my brother in law and 13 year old nephew also made it out and improved significantly over the course of the weekend.  Both were fairly new shooters and went from maybe getting 75% of the rounds on paper to getting accurate hits out to 200-300 yards fairly regularly.  They certainly have a ways to go but made dramatic improvements thanks to our patient and knowledgeable instructors.  Scott also learned that his Remington 522 Viper was not well suited for accurate fire and had some mechanical issues taking the gun out of the commission.  A huge thank you goes out to the instruction staff for hooking him up with a loaner rifle.  His groups dramatically improved after that.  I guess a 12lbs trigger on a 5lbs rifle does not lend itself to accuracy.  lol  I think the highlight of the event for Harrison was shooting the M1, the smile on his face was classic.  On the ride back to my place both Scott and Harrison were already talking about coming back out next year. 

We would like to thank the instruction staff, you all were patient, knowledgeable and engaging.  I really appreciated the time you took with the youth shooters.  They are truly the future of our country and will either help strengthen our 2nd Amendment rights if we teach them well.  Thank you for all your time, knowledge and sacrifices to make Appleseed the great program it is.  I look forward to continuing to recommend Appleseed to everyone I talk to. 

My goals for next year is to get my wife and son out to an event and to shoot a KD event. 

greyfox

QuoteI look forward to continuing to recommend Appleseed to everyone I talk to. 

Huzzah...Huzzah!!

Loren

moosehead

Fantastic event.  As always, safety was priority one.  It's amazing how well you can hear Lonestar6, even with hearing protection in =) 
HCFG was a great facility, albeit a little crowded.  More on that later.

Loved the history.  I noticed that those telling the stories had picked up on parts different than those at the last event I had attended.
The volunteers addressed individuals concerns quickly, and got things moving again.  Loaner rifles were brought out when someone had a problem with what they brought, and we had frequent reminders to stay hydrated.
This all points to a dedicated group of volunteers supporting a great program.

If forced to find something to complain about, I might say the line was a little crowded.  But thinking about what that means, more people interested in taking personal responsibility, it's actually a good thing.  Again, the volunteers came up with a solution, and got things moving along smoothly.  I have vowed to do my best to make the line at future events as crowded as possible.

Summing the weekend up in one word, Huzzah!

greyfox

QuoteI have vowed to do my best to make the line at future events as crowded as possible.

Huzzah...huzzah...huzzah!

Great photos Slim!

What a fun and productive shoot. The first day improvements on the Redcoat were absolutely awesome.

As an instructor I continue to be inspired by the folks who come out to an Appleseed event on their precious weekend to listen to the story of America's first critical hours...who listen intently to and follow our safety rules, quickly adapt steady hold factors, the six steps of firing a shot, natural point of aim.

When I hear that first shooter fire in rifleman's cadence it is like listening to my own heartbeat.

Looking forward to our next Noblesville shoot together - new friends and old friends alike.

Loren