News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Nov 8th shoot at Winterset

Started by Twineagles, October 07, 2014, 09:36:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twineagles

Cort (Ames guy) has his church group set up for a private Appleseed in Winterset 1 day event. 10-15 shooters I will need some staff should be on the schedule today or tomorrow. Also going to need some loaner rifles.

Mike
Every time I teach a class, I discover I don�t know something - Clint Smith

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. � John Wayne

Ames

I can provide additional background on this event.  This is a Father/Son group participating in a life skills class designed to help prepare young men for adulthood.  It's a pretty neat deal because its a program that has dads working alongside their 15-16 year old sons to help them make future decisions on vocations,  finding mentorship opportunities,  building good character, setting goals, etc.   This program lasts the school year and we wanted to do a fun event in the fall and the spring.  For this fall, I pitched the idea of doing a one day Appleseed event.  Once I explained to the group what Appleseed Project was about, the dads seemed pretty enthused. 

This is a great opportunity to help these young men (and their dads) understand the heritage of their country and their part in it's future.  It goes very well with their program.  It will be a great demographic to work with.

Cort

Ames

November 8th turned out to be a great day in Iowa for an Appleseed.  We couldn't have asked for better weather this time of year.  But most importantly, thirteen  individuals came out to learn how to become rifleman.  They certainly left with much improved skills in that regard but also a deeper appreciation and understanding of our country's heritage. 

As usual, the  instructors were outstanding!  Thanks to Mike, Stephen, Jerry, Trinity and Bryce.  This kind of event just doesn't happen without you.

And to top it all off, we had one new rifleman from this group of thirteen!  Congrats Shannon!   (And a couple others are knocking hard on the door.)

A few pics of the event are attached.

Yankeedutch

I heard you shot pretty well with the M1A Cort!
Sounds like it was a great event.
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act."
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

Ames

It was very nice spending some quality time with the "big boy rifle" all day.  I was pretty happy to qualify with it.  I'm still grinnin'.   But credit goes to Mike for giving me a few helpful pointers.  It was a team effort.   :)  And BTW, it is a hoot to shoot rifleman's cadence with a .30 cal in the sitting position.  Just sayin'.