News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Blue hats?

Started by unvbill, October 03, 2014, 09:08:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

unvbill

What does a Blue Hat do?

Thanks,
Bill

Rayne

~
QuoteDo not forget those who fought for your Liberties and Freedoms and take care to guard them against all tyranny.

unvbill

What does a person have to do to become a blue hat?

AuntieBellum

Ya just gotta step up. That's it. Commit to helping the program and advancing our message. We can always use other skills that aren't related to working an event. We always need help getting the word out. And setting up Libertyseeds. And so much more! Wanna help????   @)
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

Uncle Davey

Blue hats are the glue. Bedford is a shining example!!
Those who stay will be champions. Those who persist will be riflemen.

unvbill

I may. I am going to the Brazil event on November 1st and 2nd and try for that Rifleman Patch. Got some friends coming with me.

Uncle Davey

ProTech is an excellent range with a good range host. Good choice!
Those who stay will be champions. Those who persist will be riflemen.

Twineagles

Accepting a blue hat really helps the program. At shoots an extra hand getting shooters registered is always welcome. Helping set up range and tear down. Working promotional events like gun shows. Beating the bushes for that new range or hosting site. Filling in where needed and at your comfort level.

Mike
Every time I teach a class, I discover I don�t know something - Clint Smith

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. � John Wayne

AAOptics

Im a blue hat, I don't travel to a ton of shoots like the other hats.  What I do is typically the things you never see.  Setting up shoots/liberty seeds, coordinating sponsored shoots, etc.  At the shoot I grade AQT's, help with the shooter's form (I don't know it that's in my "job title" or not), and basically try and see what needs done BEFORE it needs done to keep things running.  If you never notice me doing anything, that means I did well.  Most events I don't even shoot.