News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Call for Instructor's Newark, Ohio Oct 18th and 19th

Started by Corvette, October 02, 2014, 01:08:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corvette

Calling all Instructors, IITs, Blue Hats,

We have a sold out shoot of 25 coming up in two weeks at Dillon Sportsman Center in Newark, Ohio and right now we only have me and Del signed up to work it.  We need folks to step up and sign up to work this shoot.  Several attendees are from the Coshocton Rifle Club who I just 7th stepped tonight at their club meeting to host a shoot next year and I really want them to see a well staffed and safe line.

Come join us at Newark.  Camping is right next to the clubhouse and we can sleep inside if weather is bad. I know I can count on the Ohio instructor corp to step up for this one.

Corvette

Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

slim

I'm a strong maybe on this one. I have a few other maybes in the works as well but I'm keeping an eye on this one.

Corvette

Slim, remember nobody feeds you as well as I do. Breakfast sandwiches in the morning and steaks at night. Hope you can make it.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

slim

Del

Sounds like I need to increase my camp food allotment to keep pace with you high rollers.

slim

Speaking of high rollers.... who's bringing a camper?  :pop:

Corvette

Slim, Del is bringing his kids so he is bringing his camper.  I plan to sleep in the clubhouse on a cot.  I have an extra cot if you are interested.  We still can use a couple more folks, any ideas on who we can prod?

Corvette

Del

Quote from: slim on October 02, 2014, 09:16:34 PM
Speaking of high rollers.... who's bringing a camper?  :pop:

Touché Sir!  O0

Probably why my camp food consist of Ramen-noddle's.

slim

There's a lady in Columbus that used to be super active in the program. I wonder if she's busy that weekend?

Corvette

That's funny I was thinking exactly the same thing. I will make a personal appeal and see. She owes me a favor for throwing me to the wolfs last year at Celina.

Corvette

Dougum

Slim if you make it out I will come out in the new Appleseed Mobile and personally make you that bacon I owe you from the April 19th shoot in Indiana. I might get there but I have no idea what's going on with either of my jobs. I'll be there the best I can though.

Doug
Love your country, but never trust its government.

-- Robert A. Heinlein

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"

-- George Washington

You say drake I say Brantley gilbert

You say T-Pain I say Jason Aldean

You say Kanye I say randy houser

You say Pink I say Kenny Chesney

You say Pop I scream COUNTRY

You say Justin Bieber I rip your head off

Corvette

Dougum, keep me posted, we have a full line and could use all the help we can get.

Thanks

Corvette

Corvette

We got a full shoot, come on Ohio Instructors, come help us make some Riflemen and women.

Corvette

EZ3

I can't believe that Ohio can't come up with enough instructors to support a sold-out event at Dillon Sportsman Center!  Are you SERIOUS???    :-[
"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

slim

Most of our volunteers have disappeared. "Life happened" here in Ohio.

It's not all doom and gloom though. We have a good crop of new volunteers coming up and a core of old heads still sticking around.

I diverted from the KD event at Camp Atterbury to help at Newark. We'll get it covered.

Birdman

I am seeing if I can change a planned trip to Maryland by one week. I will let you all know soon.

Corvette

Thanks, keep me. Posted.  It would be great to see you again. Hope things work out.  If they do, let me know if you will be camping with us Saturday. Slim will be there and Del will be there with his camper and his three boys so should be interesting.

Corvette.

Birdman

OK, I am able to make it both days, and will camp there on Saturday evening. I make not make it there until 8am or so Saturday morning. Looks like a great place. Even better to have enough Instructors to make it a great shoot for the shooters.
See you all there!

Del

Are we camping friday night? Not a big deal, just curious if its an option. Slim as much as I know you want to... the camper will be a bit full with all three boys.

slim

I'll be in the tent. All by myself!

I hadnt planned on camping Friday night but I could.

Corvette

Birdman, Del, Slim et alla

Camping Friday night is fine. I will be there to set up Friday about 6pm and will be camping Friday and Saturday. We can have bonfire both nights if we want. I will most inept. E on cot in clubhouse. I will be doing breakfast sandwiches for thirds that are interested.
Not much close for food Sat night so do we want to coordinate dinner stuff for Sat?  They have grills we can use and pick nick tables etc. let me know so I can coordinate.

Corvette

Del

I'm in, probably wont make it there by 6 on friday though. Be happy to grab some burgers for saturday.

Corvette

Coming down the stretch to a sold out shoot.  Will send assignment in a PM to everybody.  The club doesn't offer any food so be sure to bring lunch.  Also nothing really close to range so it will be a BYOM dinner at the range. (Bring your own meat) We will fire up the grills and I will get the boss to make some macaroni salad.  If anybody wants to bring a side dish, feel free. They usually have wood to burn at Dillon so we should have a nice bonfire afterwards. Should be good time.

See everybody there.

Corvette

Birdman

Looks like I will probably camp Friday and Saturday. Get there when I get there I guess. See you all soon.

Corvette

Looking forward to it, we will be there.

Corvette