News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Gunshot Wound Trauma and Management Class

Started by 308LIBERTY, September 19, 2014, 10:09:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

308LIBERTY

I would lake to gauge interest in a group class held somewhere in the Tampa/St. Pete area. When I asked about a group discount for Appleseed, they responded with the following:

The course tuition is normally $125pp. For a group such as your, 1-5 @ $95pp, 6-10 $85pp, 10+ $75pp.  The course is ~5hrs in length, and includes a 2yr Amer. Heart Assoc Adult CPR/AED certification, practical exercise, and personal basic trauma or "Immediate Action Kit," and all additional course materials (course flyer attached).
"We have always looked upon men as a set of beings naturally free - that a people can never be divested of those invaluable rights and liberties which are necessary to the happiness of individuals, to the well-beings of communities or to a well regulated state, but by their own negligence, imprudence, timidity or rashness. They are seldom lost, but when foolishly forfeited or tamely resigned." ~Jonas Clarke

Engineer shooting

If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

9mm4545

The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

bill o rites

The hour is fast approaching,on which the Honor and Success of this army depend. Remember officers and soldiers, that you are Freemen, fighting for the blessings of Liberty - that slavery will be your portion, and that of your posterity, if you do not acquit yourselves like men-1776

"If ever a time should come when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government,our country will stand in need of it's experienced patriots to prevent it's ruin." Samuel Adams,1780

Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

308LIBERTY

I'm up to 5 interested, including myself. I'd like to consider planning this sometime in mid to late January to avoid the holidays, give us time to coordinate a date and get the word out to others who may be interested. Since we don't have much of a shoot schedule for next year, when it gets closer to January I will PM everyone who's shown interest as a reminder. Of course, if we plan it for a Monday or Friday, we'll still be free to run a shoot and just take 3 day weekend.
"We have always looked upon men as a set of beings naturally free - that a people can never be divested of those invaluable rights and liberties which are necessary to the happiness of individuals, to the well-beings of communities or to a well regulated state, but by their own negligence, imprudence, timidity or rashness. They are seldom lost, but when foolishly forfeited or tamely resigned." ~Jonas Clarke

bill o rites

Remember Rifleman Boot Camp in Alabama late January
The hour is fast approaching,on which the Honor and Success of this army depend. Remember officers and soldiers, that you are Freemen, fighting for the blessings of Liberty - that slavery will be your portion, and that of your posterity, if you do not acquit yourselves like men-1776

"If ever a time should come when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government,our country will stand in need of it's experienced patriots to prevent it's ruin." Samuel Adams,1780

Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

StevenK

308LIBERTY

It's been suggested that Monday, January 19th might be a good date, being a holiday for some (MLK Day). Start at 9:30 am, with a lunch break and finishing up around 3:30 pm. How does that sound?

stoneknives

"When men's rules are Honorable and Just I will follow them. When I find the laws tolerable, I will tolerate them. When I find the rules obnoxious, I will ignore them. When I find evil imposed or codified, I will War against it. My Lord has made it known and understood to me that to accept the gift of freedom I will alone bear the full responsibility everything I do, or chose not to do." I .......    "This is Appleseed. We are here to restore the Republic. Tyrants, major or petty, need not apply."  I .......

"I stand with the mission, Sir" PHenry

inSANEmom

-----AMY-----

Above all, we must realize that no arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women. It is a weapon our adversaries in today's world do not have. - Ronald Reagan

308LIBERTY

I just heard back from them this morning and it will be Monday, January 19 (MLK Day) at 9:30 am. The venue may change closer to the date if we end up with more than 6-7 people and need a bigger classroom, but I already have a line on that if necessary. It will either be in Clearwater or up near Oldsmar. Exact location will be forthcoming, later in the year.

308LIBERTY

It just so happens, we also have an Appleseed shoot right here in Clearwater that weekend, so if anyone would like to come down to Clearwater for  a 3 day weekend, further the cause of Liberty, spend time with fellow instructors and go home CPR certified, this is your chance!

emkay

I would be interested as well, and I'm already signed up for that Clearwater Appleseed
You can't put freedom in your pocket, but you can hold it in your heart - once there, it can't be stolen. ~me

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. ~Abraham Lincoln

Liberty, when it begins to take root, is a plant of rapid growth.
~George Washington

bill o rites

TheMenace

Sons of Liberty!
Defend the Constitution,
The Law of Our Land
https://youtu.be/w6H12dyS8FI
Joshua 1:9

308LIBERTY

Unfortunately, January 19th is now off the table. The instructor got called in to work due to the MLK parade in St. Pete, anticipating possible protests. The alternate dates we are now considering are January 10 and February 7.

TheMenace

Sons of Liberty!
Defend the Constitution,
The Law of Our Land

PHenry

Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

smoakingun

Hollywood shoot Jan 10. The event is full, we could use a few more instructors.

A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.

Thomas Jefferson

308LIBERTY

New date, time and location confirmed. Saturday, February 7, 9:30 am at Florida Firearms Academy, 13317 Hillsborough Ave, Tampa, FL  33635.

308LIBERTY

TheMenace

Sons of Liberty!
Defend the Constitution,
The Law of Our Land

PHenry

Tried to register, but site kicked me out for an Email reply and no email. i hate technology.
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

308LIBERTY

Quote from: PHenry on January 13, 2015, 05:17:22 PM
Tried to register, but site kicked me out for an Email reply and no email. i hate technology.

Had no problems on my end. Let me know if you still don't get an email after a day or two and I'll let them know there's a problem they need to fix. Thanks.

PHenry

Still no log in Email. Will try again as soon as I can. This is too close and too important to miss. Every instructor or club RO would be well served to take such a class and pick up a EPIK containing Celox or similar - could mean difference between a happy story to tell or an untimely demise of a brother.
PH

Mango

If you can video tape this event; this might be something useful to post on Youtube. 

I keep Israeli Bandages and a tourniquet in my range bag, but I hope to never need them.
"When the Government fears the people, there is liberty.  When the people fear the Government, there is tyranny."  - - Thomas Jefferson

9mm4545

The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

bill o rites

The continuing saga of trying to register online, after finally receiving confirmation email    logging onto website      giving credit card and address information      I still can't register
I too like P Henry hate technology!!!!!
Can I just hand somebody $75 cash when I get there

308LIBERTY

You betcha! Just come on over.

Quote from: bill o rites on January 21, 2015, 11:16:37 PM
The continuing saga of trying to register online, after finally receiving confirmation email    logging onto website      giving credit card and address information      I still can't register
I too like P Henry hate technology!!!!!
Can I just hand somebody $75 cash when I get there

PHenry

Roy,
The web server is very slow on emails, but once I got it - I created the next issue. click on the link to sign up, but do not fill out the info on right - just log in. Also, the next buttons are blank - just click the gray blob.
T