News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Richmond, IN September 13-14 2014

Started by Engineer shooting, September 15, 2014, 08:14:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Engineer shooting

Long drive home from LIBERTY, IN to Tallahassee, still on the road home. Wanted to thank our host Alan, we introduced the Richmond folks to a rapid fire AQT and Alan scored 238 with a bolt gun!

7 new Riflemen out of 14 shooters must be close to a record. I give all the credit to the staff of TJ, Lucky Lori and Tomblin, family and a new friend.  :bow:

Will write more when home.   ..:..
If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

AAOptics

I know I have not attended as many shoots as most, but I've personally never seen a shoot that qualified 50% of its shooters.  I think we have a few prospective hats in the group of shooters we had as well.  Perfect weather, and great shooters/staff make for a pretty productive weekend.

One thing I will mention, is we did a lot of drill's I had never seen at this shoot, for me its always good to find new ways of practicing, if nothing else just to break up the monotony of my practice routine.  I know the rapid fire AQT will be worked into the rotation, as its much easier for someone to do when they don't have a buddy to run the stop watch for them, and most of my practice happens when Im shooting alone.

The big thanks goes to the the staff.  TJ is always great to work with, and traveling from Florida shows a lot of dedication to the cause.

TJ Kackowski

This was an unusually chilly September weekend in Indiana, but when the sun did came out we all got warmed up and had to start shedding layers.  Regardless of the weather, this group of fine Americans persevered and all became better marksmen.  More importantly, they became more knowledgeable about our heritage.

A special thank you to Alan for hosting this event, and the Tomblins for trekking this far north to run this event.

I had the point and shoot camera with me, and for the most part I remembered to snap some pictures, so here we go ...

Saturday gathering & set-up

Ken presents the safety rules and some history to an attentive audience

Sorting out the prone position

Working on new positions

Saturday Riflemen ... Huzzah!

Back at it on Sunday

Our host and Blue Hat hard at work scoring the AQT's

The Shoot Boss in his Red, White & Blue ... all the way down to his socks!

Putting the U. S. Rifle, .30 caliber, M1 through its paces at 100 yds.

Our youth shooter receives her recognition.  It's fine Americans like this young lady that cause me to believe that the future of our country is in good hands.

Sunday Rifleman ... Huzzah!

Time to clean up and go home.  'Til we meet again ...

Engineer shooting

If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

Hop

Nice pics and a killer score with a bolt Alan!

AAOptics

Quote from: Hop on September 17, 2014, 07:13:24 PM
Nice pics and a killer score with a bolt Alan!

I tried the semi auto again early, and Im done with it.  I just don't get comfortable on a automatic.

Cincy Shooter

This was my first appleseed and I am very happy I came.

I had considered myself a pretty good shot before I got there, but the little one inch squares quickly proved humbling and showed I had much to learn.

A really big thanks to our instructors. All were very knowledgeable and capable teachers. Under their guidance I went from about 180 on the AQT to just over the 210 mark.

A couple of special thanks. One to Ken for delivering the history. It was lively, engaging, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Another thanks to TJ for bringing out the Garand and allowing us to shoot it. Definitely a highlight!

A great experience overall and I'm already looking forward to the next one.

TJ Kackowski

So glad you had a good time Cincy Shooter.  The instruction is easy when a student has an open mind and is willing to try what we show them.

I look forward to seeing you back on the line.  Bring some more friends with you and start your own training squad.