News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Dundee, OR Sept 13/14, 2014 AAR

Started by Prescott, September 12, 2014, 03:23:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prescott

We had a fantastic late summer weekend for the second Appleseed event at Chehalem Valley Sportsman Club.   I would like to give the range three Huzzahs for the great reception they have given Appleseed!   I would also like to thank Mike for bring the BBQ grill out to the range and cooking us lunch this weekend.  It is awesome to have a hot hamburger ready at story time.

Thanks to all the students that came out this weekend to perfect their marksmanship skills and listen to the heritage of our country.  It was a thrill to see all of the great marksman in action this weekend and to watch the progression of the students skill levels throughout the weekend.   The event yielded five new rifleman, had three rifleman re-qualify their rifleman score and many more student who where just a few hits away from getting their rifleman's patches.

Congratulation to Nick, Kristine, Kevin, Dan and Adam for achieving their Rifleman's scores!!!!  You guys certainly know what you are all about!  Jonathan, Rylan and Mike did great in re-qualifying their rifleman's status.

There will be a lot more rifleman from this group of student at future events.   All you need is a little dry fire practice to reinforce the skills you learned this weekend.   Make sure to follow the 6 steps to firing the shots and utilize the Steady Hold Factor while practicing and you should achieve a rifleman score at your next event.

I would like to give a big Huzzah to Kevin for stepping up and taking an Orange Hat.   Project Appleseed is growing nicely in the Pacific Northwest and always needs more instructors to help with the events.

I will download the pictures I took later this afternoon.

Yours in Liberty,
Prescott
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

Fixer

I'll be there as a second time attendee and bringing along two new faces.  Looking forward to it!

Kimber Custom

Huzzah to our 3 new and 1 repeat rifleman!

This pic was actually taken to help the shooter self identify some issues with his position - but it's on my camera so it gets shared  >:D

What's that? 3 cleared red coats on Saturday and 7 qualified at 400 - must have been something in the beans from the club hosted lunch  O0.

Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings.

Kimber Custom

If there's any doubt instructors put it all out there -

Flipper

Great weekend at Dundee this weekend so glad everyone came out despite the heat  O0 Congrats to our new rifleman and Women and of course out new Orange hat  ^:)^ cant wait to work with you. I was very impressed with the groups we saw from everyone and the improvement everyone made  O0 here's the Pictures I took Saturday and Sunday and I got everyone that shot the brown bass  ;D

Flipper

Great group of instructors right Here  ;D

Whit shooting the Brown Bass

Prescott

Here are a few more pictures.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

danielkh62

jwebster

Looks like there were a few Marlin 795 LTR models there.

Fixer

Quote from: jwebster on September 16, 2014, 03:20:58 PM
Looks like there were a few Marlin 795 LTR models there.

I brought one, but due to lack of supply, ended up buying two standard Marlin 795's and adding Tech-Sights and slings on after the fact.

I had two "new" shooters with me this AS (my second) and I think they both had a good time.  I know for a fact they enjoyed the History and Heritage portions as much as the marksmanship instruction.  They were hampered somewhat by mechanical issues that cropped up on the first day.

They seemed to oscillate frequently between tight groups and wide open patterns.  They were coached well (and repeatedly!) about Sight Alignment, Sight Picture, and their Focus on the front sight.  I'm not sure how much of a contributing factor it was, but we discovered late in the evening that their rear sights were stiff breeze away from falling off entirely.  It seems that the paint/finish is on a little thick there around the dovetail and some additional checks on my part would've gone a long way towards improving their experience.  I feel that I hold some blame for not paying enough attention to my fellow shooters, but we sorted it out that evening and they came back strong on Sunday.

I had a great time, due in no small part to the quality instructors, the fine range, the much-appreciated lunch offering and the enthusiastic participants.   I shot my first Rifleman score this weekend, then my second, switched to iron sights and got my third.  I suppose that *may* have had  some effect on how much I enjoyed the Dundee AS, but I'm betting I would've felt the same either way.

Many thanks to Kimber Custom for providing the opportunity to get behind the flint of his musket!  That was the exclamation point on an already outstanding weekend.

whit

Sorry for being late to the party with the pictures.

Here are the money shots......our Riflemen (and Riflewoman).  Huzzahs! all around.

Kevin

Kristine

Nick

Dan

John - Requalify

whit

Anyone know why Kristine's photo is posting upside down.  It doesn't appear that way on photobucket.

Technology.....making things easy.

danielkh62

It's upside down on my photobucket when I click the link. Go to the editor and see how it shows.

Thanks for posting Whit!