News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Waterman, IL September 6 and 7, 2014

Started by colycat, September 08, 2014, 10:25:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

colycat

Greetings to all,

We had a wonderful weekend at the Aurora Sportsmans Club. (ASC )  Perfect weather and a great group of students,  who were willing to spent 2 days learning the art of the rifle and hear about our founding.

Post your thoughts and pictures of the event here and keep on practicing  :)
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

Laredo

What a great weekend!  Windy Waterman gave us a break.  Sunny and NO WIND for both days! 

We had a great bunch of shooters.  All had a great attitude and were eager to learn.

I got to work with some instructors I hadn't worked with before.  It was great to meet you and work with you Coly, Yogi and booboo.  See you again on the trail.

Thanks Cinco for coming out Saturday and spending the entire day with the kids.  They had a great day!

I am having trouble posting pictures.  I will try again tonight.  I have a bunch of good ones.  ...stand by...
April 21-22, 2012 - 1st
Oct      6-7, 2012 - 2nd
April 20-21, 2013 - 3rd
Sept     7-8, 2013 - 4th - Rifleman!!

"The cost of a thing is the amount of life required to be exchanged for it, immediately or in the long run. When one has obtained those essentials necessary for well-being â€" food, shelter, warmth, and clothing, there is an alternative to struggling through steel jungles for the luxuries. That's to adventure on life itself, one's vacation from humble toil having commenced." -Townsend Whelen

Jordy

I have some pictures ! But it's not letting me post them on here! I had an awesome weekend!
-Jordy

Laredo

hmmm...  I am still unable to post pics.. 
April 21-22, 2012 - 1st
Oct      6-7, 2012 - 2nd
April 20-21, 2013 - 3rd

"The cost of a thing is the amount of life required to be exchanged for it, immediately or in the long run. When one has obtained those essentials necessary for well-being â€" food, shelter, warmth, and clothing, there is an alternative to struggling through steel jungles for the luxuries. That's to adventure on life itself, one's vacation from humble toil having commenced." -Townsend Whelen

Steck

Jordy, Laredo, do you have a Flikr account?  If so this oughta work (for at least 2-3 photos at a time...)

Upload photos from camera to Flickr
Double-click on a photo
Single-click on the Download Photo icon (underlined arrow pointing down) to the right of the photo's lower-right corner
Single-click on "View All Sizes"
Right-click in the center of the photo
Choose "Copy Image Location"
Open up Appleseed Forum
Paste into your post
Highlight what you just pasted (starts with http ends with .jpg)
Press the Insert Image button  (looks like binoculars in a box, above the row of smileys)

Kiwimonster

Thanks to the instructors for a very informative weekend. I learned a lot and had a great time. Thanks to Laredo for inviting me. Can't wait to go again!
-Mark
Sept. 6-7 2014 1st
Nov. 15-16 2014 2nd
Apr. 18-19 2015  Rifleman
July 11-12 2015 KD Rifleman

Sundance

My first Appleseed working as a Blue Hat, but more importantly my first Appleseed without brass burns. Long sleeves are worth the extra sweating.

Jordy

:pics:
-Jordy

Jordy

I didn't mean to post the last emoji thing... This thread isn't worthless without pic:)! Anyone going next month?
-Jordy

Jordy

-Jordy

Jordy

-Jordy

Jordy

-Jordy

Jordy

I figured it out! You can only post a few at a time .
-Jordy

Boston

Jordy, thanks for all the great pictures!

I had a great time working with everyone over the weekend. We had some great shooters and some fun times with great improvement in everyone's ability. With a few of you just needing a few more points to make it to riflemen. Remember, a riflemen persists so practice dry firing to get ready for the next time. I hope to see you all again.

I will post a few photos I have when I get them resized.

Laredo

Pics
April 21-22, 2012 - 1st
Oct      6-7, 2012 - 2nd
April 20-21, 2013 - 3rd

Laredo

more pics
April 21-22, 2012 - 1st
Oct      6-7, 2012 - 2nd
April 20-21, 2013 - 3rd

Laredo

and some more...
April 21-22, 2012 - 1st
Oct      6-7, 2012 - 2nd
April 20-21, 2013 - 3rd

Laredo

mas
April 21-22, 2012 - 1st
Oct      6-7, 2012 - 2nd
April 20-21, 2013 - 3rd

Jordy

Steck! I was sad you weren't there!! Maybe next time!
-Jordy

Comfortably Dumb

It was also a satisfying confirmation of our ability when Boston took us over to the steel plate at 100 actual yards.  It really is the same thing!

Thanks also to Boston for letting try out the Garand!

Yogi

Nice pics Jordy! thank you!
Great day and shooting by all!
Hope to see you all again!