News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Good Centerfire range near Fort Wayne?

Started by Medicus, August 21, 2014, 03:18:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medicus

Any recommendations? I am in town for one brother's wedding and I have another who just graduated Marine officer boot and isn't altogether certain I have anything to teach him about shooting.

Maybe I don't...

Then again, maybe I do  >:D

I wasn't a shooter last time I lived there. Some quick internet research has shown me some options but none stand out as head and shoulders better than the rest. Recommendations from local Appleseeders would be very much appreciated.
"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." Samuel Adams

"Just relax in the sling; we're going to make fun of you." -Pete!

grunt soldier

Hillside is probably one of the best up north IMO.
custom kydex solutions.  specializing in sheaths and holsters.  let me know if I can do something for you fellow seeders :)  some pics of our work below

http://s967.photobucket.com/albums/ae158/gruntsoldier2/

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." - Chief Aupumut (1725), Mohican.

Bryant

I would second Hillside, it is a good range.  They have fair pricing and you can stretch out your shots if you want.  Roush Lake Shooting range is a very nice facility, however it is limited to 100yds.  You can shoot on the ground prone on the concrete and they have benches and modern facilities like running water and flushing toilets.
Also on INGO as MtnBiker6510
-----------------

ShootinRN

Hillside is nice but you can only shoot to 200 yards if you're not a member.  I have shot a couple of rifle comps there out to 1000 yards and that's the only time I could shoot that distance as a non-member
"Rifle first, Rifle last, Rifle always..."

Bryant

Quote from: ShootinRN on October 08, 2014, 01:00:37 AM
Hillside is nice but you can only shoot to 200 yards if you're not a member.  I have shot a couple of rifle comps there out to 1000 yards and that's the only time I could shoot that distance as a non-member

Didn't realize that, thanks.
Also on INGO as MtnBiker6510
-----------------