News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Shreveport, LA - October 25-26

Started by LawDog, August 20, 2014, 11:49:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LawDog

Project Appleseed will return to the Bodcau WMA Range near Shreveport on October 25-26, 2014.  Please consider attending. And please do all you can to promote the event.  Thanks!

BlacklandDirtFarmer

Just registered 2 of us from the southern border of Arkansas! Cant wait for October to get here! Who's going to be the Shoot Boss?

LawDog

It appears that geeck or I (or both) will be making the drive up.  I don't know which of us will SB.  Maybe an online vote will stir up the masses!

geeck

Quote from: LawDog on August 25, 2014, 11:13:10 AM
It appears that geeck or I (or both) will be making the drive up.  I don't know which of us will SB.  Maybe an online vote will stir up the masses!

I'll defer to the dSB and SC as to who get the honor.

LawDog

Well done North LA (and Southern Arkansas)!  Five pre-regs already.  If you are able to help us promote this event by posting flyers (for example), please PM me.  Thanks.
LD

TLARbb

I attended this event and we had 10 people registered, bu only 5 showed up Saturday and four on Sunday.  The Instructors were great and I enjoyed it immensely.  I will have to make a lot of changes in my technique and equipment to be able even to compete again, but I will be doing so.  My son came very close to making rifleman on his first appleseed, but the little gray 400 yard targets kept him out.  His best score  was 205; just one more "3" on those 400 yard targets would have done it.

He said to me yesterday - "There's another one November 30th, this rifleman patch is happening." 

I think the program is wonderful and everyone needs to be involved.  My pastor is very interested, but of course, Sunday shooting is out for him.  There have been others that have expressed an interest.  It is obvious that my efforts to promote this met with poor success, so I need to work on a new and different approach. 

Ed J

LawDog

Ed- Thanks for coming and for bringing your son.  We'll be back soon and it would be great to see 20 of your friends and neighbors next time.  Let's make it happen!
Dan