News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Yakima WA Oct. 18-19 2008 Appleseed in Apple country

Started by Wheeler44, October 22, 2008, 09:36:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wheeler44

Well another great Applesed in the archives.

38 shooters both days.

7 made Rifleman at least seven more at or above 200.

Rifleman scores High around 236 low rifleman score 210, (yep, she got wet)

A little late in the season for 'seedin' in Yakima.

The sun went down early, right over the target line. Pretty cool in the AMs too. ( also at night for us tent campers)

the wind had the wire and corrugated plastic target backers swingin' in the breeze (sometimes spinning on its axis around the wire)

I learned a lot and will post some ideas in the Instructor area for discussion.

We had folks thanking us all along and we were all happy to be there.

Wheeler44
"Appleseed,  putting the second amendment into the hands of American citizens."     -Mrs. Wheeler

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship instructors on the planet."   -Son of Martha

ramcharger

Hey Wheeler,  Very impressed with the historical recital exchange between you Wade, and the others that informed the rest of us of those historical events, spoken from the heart I could tell!
  The Yakima AS will forever remain in my mind, I learned more in those 2 days than in the 2 or 3 years I've been shooting (about making the shot and history, I just borrowed Paul Revers Ride from the Library).. Looking for an AS at Wades that I can attend and bring a friend to! it's all about timing!
   I live just South of ya, in Vancouver, WA,  Live Free or Die!
none are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free

Wheeler44

THanks for checkin' in Ramcharger.  We'll keep ya posted on all upcoming events.

Hey didn't anyone else go to that shoot?

I can't hear you.

Wheeler44
"Appleseed,  putting the second amendment into the hands of American citizens."     -Mrs. Wheeler

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship instructors on the planet."   -Son of Martha

Wade

Hey Ramcharger and all
I had wanted to put on a mini this weekend but fate (read no load out of SO CAL this weekend) has placed me at Ridgecrest ca at the Appleseed shoot here .

I will do a mini shoot as soon as I can ,,,In the meen time DRY FIRE by the numbers DRY FIRE is your friend ;D.

Yakima was another great shoot .

Wade
Got Tired of looking for a Rifle Range So we Dug one up!
WOOF!
4 box's #1 the soap box#2 the letter box #3 the ballot box #4 the cartridge box, The founding fathers picked up the Cartridge box so that WE could use the first 3,,IMO If you don't use those 3 then you dishonour the founding Fathers !

ma63

Hey all.
A great big 'Thank you!' to all the Appleseed Riflemen who made the Yakima shoot such a success. I came with my family and have a couple of things on which I would like to commend you for:

The very strict attention paid to safety! It was almost militant, but as parents with two children among all that firepower, we both really, really appreciated the no-nonsense attitude. Our teenagers came away with greater respect for firearms as well as learning a new skill.

The history lessons. My husband is an immigrant, so I was interested in how he would react to the very patriotic (and yet non-political) history lessons given during the shoot. On our way home, he said, "Now I know why Americans like their guns so much. I never understood why, but you have a unique history. I don't think any other country has that kind of history. I finally get it!" One of our children is studying the Revolutionary War in school right now, so it was a very good reinforcement lesson.

Your passion and enthusiasm are palpable. Your skill is admirable. Your lessons build upon themselves predictably and thoroughly and your teaching style is very "user friendly". We will definitely be back (gotta make Rifleman!).

~Ma

Wheeler44

Ma...... wait, I can do it like a teenager.....MAAAaaaa.

It was a pleasure to meet your family and start them on the road to Riflemen...I know that you'll all be there soon.

Welcome aboard,

Wheeler44

ma63

Wheeler, is that you? Why you smart-mouthed whipper snapper, you.  I get enuff teenage flack around this here log cabin o' mine without you startin' up, too.  :)

See ya soon!

~Ma

hamiltc

Quote from: Wheeler44 on October 26, 2008, 12:29:52 AM
Hey didn't anyone else go to that shoot?
I can't hear you.

Oh, sorry, I still had my earplugs in.

Nominal 14,000 rounds fired over 16 hours?  That makes for a pretty good cadence.  :)

Speaking of which, after last weekend I've decided to upgrade my hearing protection.  26dB NRR Peltor TacPro to the rescue!  It will be the lightest package UPS has delivered to me in months!   ;)

Great shoot, and my buddy Frank still hasn't stopped talking about it.  See you soon in Castle Rock.

Earl

Pictures for the History!
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

hamiltc

Quote from: Earl on July 08, 2009, 02:23:03 AM
Pictures for the History!

Thanks, Earl, that's a blast from the past.  How embarrassing that you caught me with a loose sling in the sitting position!

Fred

ham, how embarrassing he caught you without an Orange Hat on... :)
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...