News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Amite, LA - August 16, 2014

Started by LawDog, August 18, 2014, 06:22:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LawDog

When I scheduled this event several months ago, I must have forgotten what mid-August in south Louisiana is like.  By noon, I fully remembered.  By 3:00 I was melting fast.  But not the six brave souls who toed the Firing Line.  They stayed strong and eager until the last stage of the last AQT just before 6:00.  Their dedication was inspiring. 

But this was a special group.  Although the best AQT topped out at 203, this group was locked in from the start.  They worked hard and listened harder.  The day ended with talk of coming back for another event - and who they would talk into coming with them, and of a LibertySeed in a public school.  We didn't mint any new Riflemen, but we bonded through our common heritage.

My special thanks go to calfret.  His excellent and amiable instruction made this event a success.  And I forgot to mention my gratitude to geeck for coming by to help us finish out the day.  Always good to have his knowledge on the range.