News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Seelyville IN/ AA Optics event Aug 16th-17th

Started by Brown, August 16, 2014, 09:31:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brown

Saturday morning greeted us with 38 shooters and high percentage chance of rain. Multiple family and youth listened to and picked up on a lot of instruction and history. The rain did not disappoint and came down so hard it was difficult to hear under the canopies at times.It was odd to see some of the attendees wearing hooded sweatshirts and cold. In AUGUST.

Many Many thanks to all that came out to hear the story of April 19th and a BIG thanks to our host Lost Creek Conservation Club. Ron Hoffman always goes far and beyond what anyone could ask of an event host.

Alan Alcorn of AA optics provided some INCREDIBLE giveaways for both Saturday and Sunday.

Saturday saw one new Rifleman Forged. Curtis with a 210

Sunday the rain threatened all day but only light showers in the afternoon so it was almost the perfect day for time at the range.

Multiple attendees able to bring all their new found skills together and score Rifleman
Ben with a 225
David with a 214 and backed it up with a 223
Jason with a 217
Jackson with a 225
Jake with a 227
Michelle with a 210

Big thanks again to all who joined us for a GREAT weekend.
I have noticed you get things done and I respect that-SPQR

308jake

Even with the rain this morning, it was a great day of shooting and learning about our heritage.  Big thanks to all the volunteers that helped make this Appleseed a success and to helping me get the patch tomorrow.   :)

Uncle Davey

Jake..pleasure was ours. Thanks for the great attitude and for stepping up to the plate to help the cause of Liberty  O0
Those who stay will be champions. Those who persist will be riflemen.

308jake

Great shoot this weekend!!!!  Thanks to all the instructors for the excellent assistance.  Can't wait it start helping.

AAOptics

Quote from: 308jake on August 17, 2014, 10:29:54 PM
Great shoot this weekend!!!!  Thanks to all the instructors for the excellent assistance.  Can't wait it start helping.

I guess you will be signing up for my shoot in a few weeks ;D

308jake

Gonna check the ok work schedule so I can put on the new orange hat.  I really appreciate the loaner gun and scope and all the Vortex swag.  Call you in a couple days to order the new Crossfire.

Rayne

~
QuoteDo not forget those who fought for your Liberties and Freedoms and take care to guard them against all tyranny.

techres

Pictures?  Ok.  A few tonight of just a fraction of the kids at the event:

Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

Uncle Davey

Please join me in giving the range host, Ron, a big YEAH BUDDY and Alan from Vortex also!!
Those who stay will be champions. Those who persist will be riflemen.

KittySlayer

Great day Saturday. Great bosses. Learned a lot on and off the line. Wish I could have attended Sunday too.

Good news is I am shooting better. Bad news is I can't blame my rifle for my poor marksmanship any more as I now know the weak points I need to improve on.

A BIG THANKS to all the volunteers that made the day run so smoothly. Thanks to Alan also for his sponsorship and for drawing my lucky Ace of Hearts! Finally thanks to our range host for a nice venue.

TJ Kackowski

Here is the information I promised to post on the tube magazine speed preppers that were used this weekend.  Enjoy!

techres

We had a great time.  Stephanie has not stopped talking about going back - they have nothing like it back home for her in Brazil and who knows, might bring some of the other foreign exchange students along with us as well.

A full album of pictures can be found here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/13203642@N06/sets/72157646584387571/

The images should be downloadable for those who want them for their own use.
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

ironjaw

I had an awesome time as usual, spending the weekend hearing some great history, and improving my marksmanship.

I'd like to thank Alan from aaoptics for sponsoring this event, and to all the volunteers that continue to pass on this knowledge and history. I thank you all very much.

3 appleseeds with 3 different rifles and 3 patches. I'm pretty proud of myself. Freeing up my weekends to start instructing is my next goal.

lovemywoods

It had been three years since I had been on the Appleseed line.  I've always heard how shooting skills are "perishable", however, I didn't fully understand how perishable they were for me.   :(

I had my "noob" moments when I was called back to the line to properly safe my rifle.  I once again experienced the "information overload" feeling of trying to simultaneously get in the right position, change magazines, get proper sight alignment, monitor breathing, squeeeeeez the trigger etc.; all while under the stopwatch!

The instructors were quite patient and offered many helpful suggestions. 

Saturday's results were nothing to write home about, but it was a fun day of shooting and being with good people.

Sunday was a very different day (and the weather much drier!).  The instruction started coming together and I was able to again make Rifleman!  :)

I switched to open sights for the latter part of Sunday and was pleasantly surprised with how well they worked even with my somewhat older eyes.  I want to do a future Appleseed with these sights from the beginning. 

A highlight for me was spending time with the gentlemen around me: "Dave", "Jason", and "Jake".  In particular, Jake went from quite frustrated on Saturday to elated by Sunday afternoon when he shot a very strong AQT score!  He earned that score with his persistence.

I'd like to add my thanks to the instructors for their dedication to the Appleseed project; to AA Optics for their generosity; and to the support team that takes care of us all when we're at the range!   O0

AHJ

It was a wet Saturday and a warm Sunday. Thanks to all the instructors who came and helped! It was a great weekend!

AAOptics

ironhead

Sounds like a very successful shoot. Glad to see ironjaw is thinking about taking the orange hat.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and of tyrants.

Thomas Jefferson.

220swift

Thanks for all of the attendees, instructors and behind the scenes people.  Lost Creek is proud to support the Apple Seed program and is looking forward to the October 4-5 seed.

Brown

Brown