News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Eagle Creek, OR Aug 7th KD Qualifier

Started by Kimber Custom, August 06, 2014, 05:26:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kimber Custom

Dinner at my house tonight for cerebral training and tomorrow we put it into practice at full distance. Can't wait  ^:)^

AmbulanceDriver

Oh man what a fun day.....   Thanks Kimber for setting this up!

Earl

I am back from Douglas Ridge Rifle Club and shooting with twelve great shots, and doing 3 Known Distance AQTs, I learned so much, had such a wonderful time, and was so glad that Flipper was on top of Line Boss and line commands, and Thank you Ben, Prescott and Ambulance Driver. This was a wonderful shoot.
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

Kimber Custom

Sorry for the delay getting these pictures up. We left the range and went on vacation for a few days. Without further ado

Daniel Morgan's head shot made a reappearance: 1 cold bore shot at an 8" gong from 250 yards - 4 out of 13 answered the call.

All instructors I might add:

The trail to the target line

Notebooks at the ready

400 yards

Instructors can't help but be, well, instructors

A rifleman surveys his target, 30 rounds from 100-300y 27 hits is on the right track

3 new Full Distance rifleman were forged; Congratulations Grant, TheSquirrelPatrol and Yours Truly Kimber Custom.

Repeat rifleman with irons (M1 Garand no less) gets a challenge coin; nice shooting AmbulanceDriver

Thanks to all who gave up a day of PTO to come out on a Thursday. Shout out to Prescott for letting this SB get some trigger time. Thanks to Flipper for calling the line. And AmbulanceDriver for dragging us up and down the firing line.

Extra thanks to Douglas Ridge Rifle Club for the use of the long range day.

AmbulanceDriver

Those targets did look *reeeeeeeeeeeally* tiny from 400 yards.... 

The view from the 400 yard line - looks like a perfect day for an Appleseed.... :D

Setting up for the visit from Daniel Morgan...  250 yards....  and yes, the gong is really there, on the left side of the target line.

Here - I'll zoom in a little bit for you - It's right at the end of the red arrow on the left - yes, that little white speck is the 8" gong...

My United State Rifle, Caliber .30, M1....

And a few shots from the 300 yard line:

Prescott

Thanks for scheduling this event Kimber!   The KD events are a great way to demonstate that the skills learned on the 25m line do translate to the actual known distances. 

I hope that DRRC will allow us to have another couple KD events next year!  As a reminder to all the participants, please send a thank you email to the board of DRRC for the use of the range for AS events.

Huzzah to all the participants that either earned their Daniel Morgan patch or their KD rocker.   Both of these are true achievements of a rifleman that each of should strive to accomplish.

"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln