News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ramah CO, 2-3 Aug 14

Started by Gear Head Patriot, August 03, 2014, 11:11:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gear Head Patriot

Perfect weather, and an outstanding group of students made for an exceptional Appleseed at Ramah, 2-3 August 14.

We expected to have 12 students, but enjoyed the addition of 5 more shooters for a total of 17 students!  The larger group brought with it much more energy.  Over half the students were from two families, in fact 7 of our shooters were under 18.  The younger shooters were really a lot of fun, and a joy to work with. 

One of our shooters arrived equipped with a suppressor.  On Sunday afternoon he provided an overview of the form 4 process, and described how a suppressor works before conducting a comparative demonstration between a standard velocity .22LR unsuppressed shot, and a sub-sonic suppressed shot.  We really enjoyed the opportunity to hear the difference. 

After shooting a series of AQT's, two of our shooters achieved our Rifleman standard, congratulations Paul (214) and Rob (211), we look forward to having you back on the line!  Judging by the incredible amount of improvement by all our shooters, there's no doubt our students learned alot over the course the weekend.  Having a safe shoot is always our first priority, but it's always great to enjoy the fellowship of such a fun group of students, while learning about our heritage of rifle marksmanship. 

Gear Head Patriot

It's so much fun coaching kids!  They bring so much energy to the equation.

Gear Head Patriot

Prone Rocks!

Gear Head Patriot

Who doesn't like prone?

Gear Head Patriot

More pictures from the shoot!

Gear Head Patriot

Riflemen!

COJeepGirl

What an outstanding group of instructors and students! I am inspired!
"In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot"-Mark Twain

Gear Head Patriot

That's an awesome picture of the flags!

Surveyor1653

JeepGirl, I have to agree. That's a great picture!
Essayons!

"Liberty — the freedom from unwarranted intrusion by government — is as easily lost through insistent nibbles by government officials who seek to do their jobs as by those whose sole purpose it is to oppress; the piranha can be as deadly as the shark." - Judge Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court

Gear Head Patriot

I was remiss in my original post, and forgot to congratulate COJeepGirl, Mike.45%er and MustangRifleman on advancing their IIT status'!  Good work guys! 

BrassBucket

What a great shoot! Wish I could have stayed longer on Sunday to see Paul and Rob get their Rifleman patch but there was no doubt in my mind they would get there over the weekend. Even though we had a young group of kids, they were some of the best kids to work with and I enjoyed their positive, energetic attitudes.

Congratulations to Shawna, Mike, and Alex!
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

- Col. Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

Prone to Knit

Sounds like you had a great time and passed a lot of knowledge to the shooters. Well done. Also, a big congrats to Mike, Shawna and Alex for advancing.

Great job, everyone!

Kim
"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - George Orwell
That's why I knit for our troops.
http://coversandsoles.org