News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Stevenson, WA 2-3 Aug 2014 AAR

Started by Earl, August 04, 2014, 02:09:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Earl

Wonderful weekend Appleseed, fun shooters learning a lot, but where did the heat come from? Ah, Fred sent it, a Rifleman must persevere. And it sure burned my cough away. Two almost dangerous Ol' Men (who knew almost what they were about) and two younger lady versions of their sort. As soon as they make some dry practice, study the home work, and limber up and mentally take those famous six steps of making the shot... they will return for Riflemen patches and the telling the heritage and History of the beginning.

I knew the Shoot Boss would teach me some new things, and he was great to work for and with. http://earl-earlsview.blogspot.com/2014/08/early-morning-memories.html
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

kenjo

This was a fun group of shooters to work with; two sets of father-daughter teams and the interaction between them was nice to watch. There were some challenges with accommodating physical limitations, equipment issues, etc., but the shooters came with teachable attitudes and overcame the challenges with nary a blip. The heat was cranked up both days so we did our best to take advantage of the shade and kept everybody hydrated. I saw good improvement with all the shooters. Tim and Katie could only stay for Saturday (walk-ons) but it was great to spend time with old friends again. I'm sure (hint, hint) they'll be back again for another go at the patch.
Karl and Patricia, the other father-daughter team, persevered on Sunday and kept inching closer--Patricia with a high score of 168 and dad at 198. Both showing that they know what they are about, just a bit of dry practice and another Appleseed and they will break that 210 barrier.
Sunday shooters became even more familiar with their rifles as we did a mini-KD with the scaled D targets at 25, 50, 75 and 100 yards. They now know that they can hit targets out to 100 yards with their rifles.
I'm looking forward to working with all these shooters again!

"At what point then is the approach of danger to be expected? I answer, if it ever reach us, it must spring up amongst us. It cannot come from abroad. If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide."  Abraham Lincoln