News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Montana Appleseeders sign in and be recognized!

Started by glocker21, October 21, 2008, 02:09:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

commostud

Hello,
I am currently on Active Duty in the Army stationed at Fort lewis Wa. I will coming home to Bozeman as soon as they let me out. My wife and kids already live there they are just waiting on me to show up. I am hoping to be out of the army in time for the appleseed shoot at Threeforks this summer. Currently working on a project to help all people shoot alot more for alot less.

:---

Necee

That's great!  We look forward to seeing your soon!  Thank you to you and your family for your service!

Mark Davis

Good to hear from you Commostud, I also am looking forward to meeting you.

KingsMountainMinuteman

Hi Appleseeders,

I'm a member of Sons of The American Revolution. I have several Patriots in my family tree. One of my Grandfathers was a Minuteman and fought at the battle of Kings Mountain in 1780. My family was also involved in the ratification of the constitution, one of my Grandfathers was a delegate in NC and served at the ratification convention. My GGG Grandfathers (Blackstone Hardeman Jr.) J.C. Short, 50 Cal. Kentucky long rifle is on display at the Nacogdoches, Texas visitors center. I come from a long line of shooters for whom if it were not for their skills in such I may not be here today.

I served in the USANG during the first Gulf War. During Infantry Training at Ft. Benning I qualified expert, one of 19 men out of 250 to do so. I believe that our shooting heritage needs to be promoted and preserved. I'm happy to have found like minded Americans.  I hope to do my part in helping out, if anyone needs help with anything let me know. 
The Battle of Kings Mountain was a decisive battle between the Patriot and Loyalist militias in the Southern campaign of the American Revolutionary War. It took place on 7 October, 1780 near Kings Mountain in North Carolina, where the Patriot militia defeated the Loyalist forces commanded by British Major Patrick Ferguson of the 71st Foot. The battle opened on October 7, 1780, around 3 p.m. when 900 Patriots (including John Crockett, the father of Davy Crockett), approached the steep base of Kings Mountain. As the screaming Patriots charged up the hill, Captain DePeyster turned to Ferguson and said "These things are ominous—these are the damned yelling boys!".

Mark Davis

Welcome, KingsMountianMinuteMan.
We are having a shoot at Great Falls the weekend after the foruth, hope you can come out and meet the Montana appleseeders.
If you have never been to an appleseed shoot we have a method to our way.
Nothing like comming to a couple shoots to get a handle on the process.
Experienced shooters are very welcome (and usually have cool gear to covet)
Mark

KingsMountainMinuteman

Thanks for the welcome and invitation. Currently I do not own any firearms lol. a recent divorce set me back to the stone age. I do fortunately have all my survival gear and cleaning kits. I'm looking for something that shoots maybe a nice 22 or some kind of affordable no frills rifle, not really looking for anything specific just something that is in good working condition. I had the good stuff and miss it all especially the Winchester 270 the Winchester 30-30 and Glock Model 17. Those were my favs of all the weapons I had. Starting over sucks but I'm way happier, lol.  ..:..

Something fun... I found out today that I have another Revolutionary War Patriot in my family tree this time through my GGG Grandmothers side.

James Hunter was a distinguished patriot, soldier, and public official. He was born 8 April 1740 in Hunterton County, New Jersey. He is thought to have moved South with his cousins, James and Alexander Martin (their mother was Jane Hunter, James' aunt). All three distinguished themselves with public careers. His home was located about five miles northwest of present-day Madison, NC (this area was Rowan County, NC, until Guilford County was formed in 1771, then became Rockingham County in 1785). The first deed in Guilford County that refers to him says he is "of Guilford County" (Deed Book 1: page 176) dated 11 August 1772. There is some indication that he may have lived in Bedford County, VA, before settling in North Carolina. He married Mary McFarland in what must have been quite a romance--her sister Rachel married his brother John. Hunter renounced Allegiance to the King of England and took the "Oath of Allegiance to the Colonies" in Salisbury, September 1776. During the Revolutionary War, Major Hunter played an important role as a militia member, entering as a major in the company of his cousin, Col. James Martin. They fought in the Battle of Guilford Courthouse, serving as militia under General Greene. After Guilford Courthouse, General Greene dispatched Hunter with a message to General Washington who was in New Jersey, "a dangerous and arduous journey." His faithful servant, Sam, who spoke of the experience in later years, accompanied him. He later was involved in the colonial occupation of Wilmington. Hunter served the public the rest of his life as a congressman (representing Guilford County in the State House of Commons, 1778-1782), High Sheriff, treasurer, auditor, court justice (1790-92 at Salisbury) and committee member (1795) on laying out lots of acreage at Rockingham County Courthouse. He also helped lay out the county's borders. When the new county was formed, he was appointed Justice of Peace for Rockingham County at the first session of Court in February 1786. He remained a militia member, promoted to Lt. Colonel of Rockingham County in 1787. He continued as a public servant until overtaken by age. He died of pneumonia 30 January 1821. His wife, Mary, was born 4 February 1743 and died 29 May 1821. They are both buried in the Hunter-Dalton Graveyard near his old Beaver Island home outside Madison, NC. This graveyard is still accessible and the stones are still readable.He and his wife had the following children: 1) Mary McFarland Hunter, born 7 September 1763, who married William Deering; 2) John Hunter, a twin, born 2 March 1769, who married Miss McNairy in Tennessee; 3) James Hunter, a twin, born 2 March 1769, who was killed by Indians; 4) Alexander Hunter, born 8 November 1772, who died unmarried in an accidental death in Tennessee; 5) Rachel Hunter, born 30 November 1774, who married Nicholas Dalton; 6) Samuel Hunter, born 4 February 1777, who married Rebecca Bruce; 7) Elizabeth Hunter, born 2 September 1779, who died at a young age; 8) Dr. Robert Hunter, born 16 June 1782, who married his cousin, Fannie Martin, daughter of James8, who died young. http://www.patriotresource.com/amerrev/battles/guilford/page2.html
The Battle of Kings Mountain was a decisive battle between the Patriot and Loyalist militias in the Southern campaign of the American Revolutionary War. It took place on 7 October, 1780 near Kings Mountain in North Carolina, where the Patriot militia defeated the Loyalist forces commanded by British Major Patrick Ferguson of the 71st Foot. The battle opened on October 7, 1780, around 3 p.m. when 900 Patriots (including John Crockett, the father of Davy Crockett), approached the steep base of Kings Mountain. As the screaming Patriots charged up the hill, Captain DePeyster turned to Ferguson and said "These things are ominous—these are the damned yelling boys!".

Mark Davis

Nice reading about the patroits of the revolution especilly those I've never heard of before.
If you can make it to Great Falls there may be a loaner rifle avalible.
I would like to know more about the Sons of the Revolution.
Mark

KingsMountainMinuteman

National association Sons of the American Revolution http://www.sar.org/ Visit this web site to learn more about the NSSAR. If you are able to trace your family line to a Revolutionary soldier you can qualify for membership. 

Gary

macgyver

New to the forums but been an AS addict for about 5 years. Looking forward to helpping out at the second C.Falls shoot this weekend! Looks like it's gonna be great and hope to see ya there! - MacGyver

Blueroze

Just completed my first Apple Seed at Columbia Falls. It was Great!. I believe a good time was had by all and the weather was very well behaved as well. Granted there was some hot brass down the shirt collar but with all the  :--- lead flying who had time to notice.  The hiStory lessons during the breaks were very informative.
Before attending one of these events, it's one of those "I didn't know what I didn't know." about shooting. The biggest thing I learned was NPOA. And the second important thing is how to use the sling.

Thank You Apple Seed
"It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from it's government." --Thomas Paine

Necee

Blueroze- Glad you got the chance to shoot this time!  Hot brass is always a test for muzzle control ;)   macgyver- welcome and hope you had a great time!

George Hacker

commostud - When do you get discharged from the Army?  If you are still in the western Washington neighborhood in early September, it would be a privilege to have you join us for a shoot in Ariel, WA.

KingsMountainMinuteman - Hope you can make it to an Appleseed soon.  I'm sure you will enjoy being around other like-minded patriots.  It honors our forefathers when we help others discover their heritage and the role rifle marksmanship played in this nation's birth.

macgyver - Welcome to the forums.  Were you able to help at the second Columbia Falls shoot?  lumberjack55 is the instructor who approached the gun club and got those events on the calendar.

Blueroze - Glad you had a great experience at CF.  Like you, Appleseed helped me understand that "I didn't know what I didn't know" both in terms of marksmanship and our American heritage.  As a result I am encouraging as many folks as I can to come with me on the Appleseed Trail.  Perhaps there are more shoots in your future?

- ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

kc2jmn

just wanted to say hi in here iam not a IIT yet but i did go to the IBC this weekend in Great Falls Mt and and had a blast. i really hope to get my riflemen during the April shoot here in great falls mt. iam in the USAF but should be getting out this year and me and the wife will be staying in MT for a long time we both love it. iam all so hoping to be a part of this program for a very long time and helping out any way i can. iam planing on right now going to the riflemen boot camp in WY from June 8  to the 16 . iam looking for any one else what wants to go to help split the cost of gas and to just hang out with. i have found this will be the only riflemen boot camp on the west coast this year at this time. looks like it would be a really good time to learn a lot and get know other IITs from around the regions. hit me up on here or pm me if you are thinking about going to this and i look forward to meeting all of you at a shoot some time.

Mark Davis

Glad to hear from you kc2jmn, Would have like to meet you at the boot camp, but I just could not make it there.
Mark

Carlson

Greetings Montana Marksmen,

I'm discharging out of the Army, and I should be moving into our new place right before Independence Day.  My Wife Kim (Forum Name: Pure Sass) and I will be living in Belgrade.  I look forward to meeting and working with all of you.

I've just completed the Instructor PC, and I was just presented the Red Hat from the crew in Southern New Mexico.  I imagine that there may be differences between the events in New Mexico and the events in Montana, so I will be arriving with a teachable attitude while I learn how best to contribute to your team.

I just signed up to work the Great Falls Event on July 20-21.  I hope to bring some family members with me to get their first bite of the Apple.

Patriotically,

Matthew Carlson

Mark Davis

Carlson,
Send me a PM when you get unpacked enough to find some ammo and rifles.
I will show you around the local range. I live near Four corners, about 8 miles south of Belgrade.
The range is 15 miles west of Belgrade.
Glad to have you and looking forward to a little cross-pollination.
Mark

Carlson

Mark,

I'll be traveling with my Appleseed equipment.  My Brother-in-Law is a member of the Manhattan Wildlife Association.  I had the opportunity to watch a Cowboy Action Match there when I was visiting a couple of years ago.  I plan to join as soon as I arrive.

Matthew

Patriot Gal

Hello to Montana AS!!!   O0

Castle Mountain and I are happy to be among your ranks!

We can currently be found south of Helena in a little log cabin while we search for suitable land on which to build.  Must have enough land for a range, ya know!!!  :---

Once we get settled in, we look forward to meeting y'all out on the trail!

Patriot Gal
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan

Castle Mountain

Castle Mountain here just nestled South of Helena. Delighted to be here, finally at home. Having visited the gun stores they are most enthused about
our AS program and eager for some KD also.     Still lots of work getting settled but we will be promoting as ever.
The idea of America being a nation of riflemen makes a lot of sense......http://www.extreemfun.com/2013/03/even-hitler-did-not-dare-to-attack-that.html

CYA on the trail

CM
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam- will find a way or I will make one".
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
-- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) German Nazi Dictator

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in

Mark Davis

Glad to hear from you both Castle Mountian, and Patriot Gal.
Now it's official.
My phone, if you would like to talk is 4zero6 57zero and the year Abraham Lincon died. (1865)

Sean Smith

Sean, Bozeman, Just attended the Three Forks event that was stopped short due to weather.  Had a great time!

Necee

Welcome knighthawk!  Glad to hear you had a great time.  Last September we had a blizzard end our Sunday early too  :P  Hope to see you at another shoot!
Love that range at 3Forks (sorry GF and CF...home range  and all ;)) )

Castle Mountain

Officially completed the final landing in Montana and settling in nicely.  Many thanks to Dave Out of Ammo and Joanne for their wonderful help. You two are like the energizer bunny that keeps on giving.

Remember the first weekend of December indoor event. There appears to be only 11 tickets remaining. Will be posting event in Helena at local stores to help drive attendance amongst other people of interest.       http://www.appleseedinfo.org/search-states-display.php?qstate=MT&statename=Montana

Best regards,

Castle Mountain
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam- will find a way or I will make one".
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
-- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) German Nazi Dictator

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in

JayneCobb

Hey all. 
I attended my first Appleseed shoot in Three Forks this past May.  Had a great time, and I've been telling all my friends and family about the program ever since, although I don't think I'm going to be able to make the next event.  But I look forward to the next one that I can make, and get my wife and daughter to shoot as well.

I live in Harrison, MT.  If you don't know where that is, that's OK.  Neither do I.  If you do know where it is and are interested in moving, my house is for sale.  ;)
Six men came to kill me one time. And the best of 'em carried this. It's a Callahan full-bore auto-lock. Customized trigger, double cartridge thorough gauge. It is my very favorite gun.  I call it Vera.

"The History of our Revolution will be one continued (lie) from one end to the other. The essence of the whole will be that Dr. Franklin's  electric rod smote the earth and out sprang General Washington. Then Franklin electrified him... and thence forward those two conducted all the Policy, Negotiations, Legislations, and War."
- John Adams, 1790

Mark Davis

Thanks for the kind words JayneCobb!
Nice 50 cal flintter too.

Terry J Riehl

Orange hat from Helena returning to the line.

Fort Knox

Hello all!  My name is Kyle and I live in the Flathead Valley.  I want to try and make a shoot next spring.  I am currently working on getting my old .22 in shape to make a run at the Rifleman patch.  Look forward to meeting some of you next spring!

Kyle

DCSMT1

New shooter here and live in Montana City. I have joined the RWVA and registered for the September weekend here in Helena.

Looking forward to a great weekend!

Dave

Mark Davis