News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Lake Elmo, MN Oakdale Gun Club AAR, July 19 and 20

Started by Sven, July 21, 2014, 12:24:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sven

After a four year hiatus from the Oakdale Gun Club we once again had an Appleseed here, this is a great facility located in the Minneapolis/St Paul metro area.  Over the course of two days we had 16 shooters each day though the particulars changed from Saturday to Sunday.  This was an ideal weekend weather wise with clear skies and not too warm a temperature either day.  A number of the shooters had attended Appleseeds prior to this and it showed with four shooters attaining Rifleman status David on Saturday followed by Matt, Hunter and John on Sunday.  :cool2:  Hunter (Jäger 1313) attained Rifleman for the second time this weekend and volunteered to take the Orange Hat!  Thank you Hunter.  O0
We had a good representation of junior shooters.  My cousin Tucker was able to join us on Saturday and had his first introduction to the Appleseed program, although he wasn't able to return on Sunday I hope to see him at other events in the future.   Blake came over with Asa and though he had numerous mechanical issues still managed to improve over the course of two days.  Darren's boys Jacob and Adam also put in a good effort and made a great improvement too over the weekend.  I hope to see them all again on the Appleseed Trail.
We have many shooters knocking on the door to Rifleman, Rick and Darren especially came within a half dozen points a couple times this weekend and I am sure they will nail it on the next try as long and they do what they promised with practicing the positions and dryfire exercises to nail down the six steps of firing the shot.  ::)
A special thanks to BuzzG, Woody35 and RomeoTangoBravo  for their work and expertise this weekend making this event a success.  RomeoTangoBravo passed his requirements to make IIT1, and Woody35 passed his requirements to become a Red Hat instructor  ^:)^.  As always BuzzG provided much able instruction and many awesome training aids for which I am extremely grateful.  :bow:
All in all a great safe weekend where much awesome learning and camaraderie was had.  ;)
"I was spotting one day and M2 was hitting baseball sized dirt clods at 300yds away. DON'T F/K with an old man with a Garand... " RED DAWN

MericanEagle

Hello all,

David here again.  I am so sorry I could not make it to Sundays instruction, my pickup was needed as a last resort to help move a close friend in his first home  ~~:) .  I am honored that I achieved Rifleman status on Saturday and I could not have done it without the help of not only the instructors, but the shooters alike.  I had the opportunity to shoot next to Hunter on Saturday and his marksmanship is something to be admired, he killed it with Tech Sights on his 10/22.  I would like to attend another Appleseed in the future, most likely not this year as funds are becoming increasingly tight; but perhaps I could swing it. 

Thanks to Buzz once again for the instructions, they really helped a lot.  Sven did a great job as the Shoot Boss as well.  RomeoTangoBravo and Woody35 did awesome and congrats to both of them. 

Hope to see all of you down the road at another Appleseed event. 

jager1313

Hey everyone!

I had a great time shooting with all of you. Thank you to all the instructors for taking out the time to show some of us new shooters a thing or two. I am surprised I continue to learn something new each appleseed I attend. Thanks especially to BuzzG for letting me try out his modded rifle.

Question: Any place in the metro where you can practice shooting from prone? Seems like most places have to be shooting from bench, or you have to be a member. PM me if you have suggestions.

Hope to see you all again soon!

Hunter

RTB

It was a great shoot! Thanks to the Oakdale Gun Club for hosting and Sven, BuzzG and Woody35 for letting a cheesehead lend a hand :) Congrats to everyone that earned their rifleman patch and to everyone else; persistence is key!

RomeoTangoBravo
River Falls, WI 9/15/12 : Rifleman
River Falls, WI 4/19/13 : Rifleman
Orange Hat 9/13/13
IBC Bowler, WI 7/13/14 : Known Distance Rifleman
Red Hat 10/11/15
Shoot Boss 8/7/2016