News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Nashville, IN July 12-13, 2014

Started by brianheeter, July 14, 2014, 07:32:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brianheeter

It was a hot one!  Humid, too, but we persevered and improved rifle marksmanship and woke up some sleeping patriots over the course of the weekend.  We also got 3 new rifleman out of the weekend in Darrell, Tim and Jerry.  Huzzaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!  Congratulations, gentlemen!  We had a couple of others turning in solid scores that, with practice, will make it over the 210 hump very soon.  Speaking of the 210 mark, Tim scored a 210 and I got the distinct pleasure of dousing him with some very cold North Bridge water.  I'm sure there are some pictures of that along with others from throughout the weekend.  POST 'EM IF YOU GOT 'EM!!

brian
(refuse to) Kiss the Ring!

Uncle Davey

I'm happy to say I was there to see you obtain your red hat! Well deserved sir.
Those who stay will be champions. Those who persist will be riflemen.

brianheeter

I neglected to mention our youth shooters.   :-[

We were joined by Shella, Brennan, Tim (scored Rifleman) and Nick.  All did an excellent job over the weekend and I am glad that they were able to attend.  This event was better than it would have been without them.

BTW, if you think you are a fast runner I challenge you to come to a shoot where Shella will be in attendance.  My money's on Shella....

C ya,

brian

greyfox

Congratulations to all three new Riflemen! As I write this I am toasting your very good health with a Fanta orange soda.

I did get one picture which I am attaching. It's kinda memorable 'cause it was taken on day one of our two-day sizzle-fest at Nashville...the very day that Brian transformed from IIT into Redhat and Darrell transformed from cook to Rifleman. In the photo Brian is presenting the Rifleman's patch to Darrell.

It was Darrells' very first Appleseed and you could see his transformation coming through the near tropic heat all day long...talk about a teachable attitude! That same attitude was reflected in the fact that he beat all the instructor's to the range the next day on Sunday. When I got there around 7:30 AM, he was already at the gate....ready and waiting.   

Timothy...congrats again for your achievement on Sunday. We worked together off and on for two days and I have to say you are a very focused and respectful young man....in spite of my constant nagging about your support hand.

Jerry...we did not have much chance to interact in your time there on Sunday. I did however see you on the firing line and did note your Rifleman's cadence. I was not surprised to see you get the Rifleman's patch.

Thanks to all for coming to this Appleseed. Marksmanship and especially history...we were all about that at Nashville. Hot or cold...dry or wet...whenever you are at a Nashville Appleseed, you are hip deep in America. And that is the place to be.

Loren           

Unbridled Liberty

Quote from: Uncle Davey on July 14, 2014, 10:26:28 AM
I'm happy to say I was there to see you obtain your red hat! Well deserved sir.

HUZZAH!  Way to go Brian!  Congratulations!

UL
For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

Big John

hammerd

Thanks to all the instructors for their helpful guidance and interesting historical perspectives!  I really enjoyed my first Appleseed and am already planning to attend one more this year.  Fantastic job to everyone involved.

Rayne

~
QuoteDo not forget those who fought for your Liberties and Freedoms and take care to guard them against all tyranny.

brianheeter

Quote from: Rayne on July 16, 2014, 02:45:47 PM
Did any one else get chiggars besides me?  I know Kate found ticks on herself Sunday night.

Once again I feel I got short-changed.  No chiggers!  No ticks!  I didn't even get a sunburn!  Next shoot I'd better get something awesome like amoebic dysentery or I'm really gonna feel left out.

Big John

The critters just like Rayne more than the rest of us.

Rayne

~
QuoteDo not forget those who fought for your Liberties and Freedoms and take care to guard them against all tyranny.

kate

It was a pleasure to meet new friends and see old ones! Everyone on the line brought their very best to the shoot and, despite gnats, heat, humidity, the occasional drizzle, and the dreaded 2:30 wall, everyone has a great time. We came, we learned, we conquered! it never ceases to amaze me that, no matter how many shoots I attend, I always learn something and meet the very best people America has to offer. Thank you all for participating in our heritage. I hope to see each and every one of you out on the Appleseed trail with a friend in tow. Bring back as many people as you can! Don't forget about Libertyseeds, our history-only programs. We all know someone who would enjoy an Appleseed. We all know someone who needs to hear the history.

It was a pretty darn good shoot  O0

kate

NastyNate

Rayne

~

Rayne

~

hammerd

Thanks for the pictures Loren and Rayne!  I appreciate it.

Corvette

With Rayne and Slim you all were in GREAT hands.  Looks like a great shoot that I wish I could have been part of.  Congrats to our new Riflemen and come back with friends to help save the country. 

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

foszoe

I brought 5 folks to this shoot and all had a great time. I had to provide rifles for 4 of us so 2 got stuck with tube fed mags. Since that weekend, one has already signed up for another appleseed in august and the one i had invited but couldn't come will be at an appleseed in Sept. I just might go with him for my second event.

I have also got a father son pair going to an Appleseed in October.

As a follow up, 4 rifles have also been purchased since this event. Thanks for the great time.

Uncle Davey

Let me guess...mag fed rifles? You guys were persistent with those tubers, glad your coming back!!
Those who stay will be champions. Those who persist will be riflemen.

slim

Huzzah!

Dont forget to dry fire practice in the mean time.  &)

foszoe

Well as my final post here, I will say that thanks to the positive experience had by all, we will be showing up at Brazil with 7 total shooters, 5 repeaters from Nashville and 2 new shooters. I am trying to get to 8 but either way we will be +1 from Nashville.

brianheeter

Quote from: foszoe on August 09, 2014, 04:43:04 PM
Well as my final post here, I will say that thanks to the positive experience had by all, we will be showing up at Brazil with 7 total shooters, 5 repeaters from Nashville and 2 new shooters. I am trying to get to 8 but either way we will be +1 from Nashville.

Excellent!  I'm glad to hear not only that it was worth your while but you and your crew will be back for more at Brazil.  You are going to love ProTEQ.  It is a great range and the local volunteer fire department brings in food for lunch.  We've had a fish fry, grilled burgers and turkey sandwiches previously.  It may be Indiana Appleseed's best kept secret.  (Tell everyone!)

See you in Brazil!

brian

Rayne

~