News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Westchester, NY July 12-13, 2014

Started by Grumpy1, July 12, 2014, 09:55:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grumpy1

What an AWESOME weekend for Appleseed!

The Blue Mountain Sportsmans Center, welcomed Appleseed for the third of four events they are sponsering, for 2014.  Their next Appleseed will be October 11-12, 2014.

Thirteen students joined us on the line Saturday, friends and familys, all came together for a Great Event!

Westchester is a challenging event,  The time monkey is breathing down you neck all day, and there is no time to waste, you basically stomp down the gas pedal and hang on >:D. Students took this in stride, Everyone stayed focused with the task at hand. Marksmanship and History alike, students listened and learned, questions were asked and answered, and everyone including my instructor team had a Great time! :)

Sunday brought eleven students back to the line. After some History and Dude's KD presentation we were on Firing Line and awaiting 11:00 to begin shooting. Morning Red Coats and then right into sighters and drills, shooters anxiously awaited the first AQT of the day. And then the Grind began!
Two QDAQTs were followed up by Four rapid fire AQTs.

Significant improvment was shown by all the students, groups got smaller and scores went higher!
Congratulations to our New and Repeat Rifleman O0

:--- Rick, a Repeat Rifleman scored a 215 with a lever action, and then followed it up with a 213  :~

:--- Dmitry a New Rifleman scored a 224,213, and a 215 :---

:--- Pam Requalified with a 216 :---

:--- Gunny Requalified with a 245!! :---

Congratulations to our Newest Young Patriot Sarin O0, Great Job!

Many of our students are knocking at the door, with scores approching, that elusive 210. All I can say is practice, practice, practice, dry fire , work on your steady hold factors, six steps, check and repair your equipment(Grumpy says locktite is your friend)  !@#)

Last but not least I would like yo thank my team of Instructors, Dude, longrange, and kimbers O0 O0, You guys did an Awesome Job! From setting up to cleaning up and everything in between!

I Hope to see you all again real soon!

Thanks;
Jb

Ninshos Battle Road IBC 6-13

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Smurf

It looks like Westchester is Rocking this weekend!!!

VietVet

Great job guys & gal. Wish I could have made this one but issues at home got in the way.

Sounds like another great Appleseed Event was handled very well.

Congrats to all. Shooters and Instructors. Well done. O0
                                    OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

Josey Wales

..Great Job handleing this event.  Keeping the torch of Liberty lit while on the run is a difficult task at hand, but you guys have been there doing it, teaching the importance of the preservation of Liberty.  The importance of Marksmanship to a free people.  You truely are the Revere's of the day..

Strength & Honor.........Josey Wales......
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

kimbers

We had great weather and a great weekend!

drifter00

Thank you Grumpy and dude, long-range and kimbers for volunteering your time and running such an awesome event. I'm amazed at how much history and marksmanship instruction you were able to pack into the short days you had to work with at Blue Mountain Sportsman Center (great site for an Appleseed by the way - thank you Tino!) All the empty ammo boxes in my bag attest to how much shooting we actually got in.

Judging from the smiles on everyone's faces all weekend and the comments from everyone I spoke with we all had a great time, learned a lot and and went home with better skills than we began with.
You guys rock!

Trying to work the next Saratoga Appleseed into my schedule.  Thanks again.

-Rick

Boru

Blue Mountain was my first Appleseed experience, cant wait to see everybody again.

Pat
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine

Grumpy1

A few more pictures cmplements of kimbers
Ninshos Battle Road IBC 6-13

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Dude

Great job by ALL involved, participants, instructors and range staff included. The NY cadre of instructors is second to none! With teachable attitudes of students like these, the improvements over the weekend were remarkable, yet very attainable. The family aspect of Appleseed was once again in evidence with a father and  daughter on hand as well as a husband and wife. Some more photos to come.

Strength and honor

Semper SOM/SOM

Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state. --Thomas Jefferson

Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty. --Thomas Jefferson

Dude

Strength and honor

Semper SOM/SOM

Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state. --Thomas Jefferson

Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty. --Thomas Jefferson

strelok

Dude,

Thanks for the pictures and great instruction.  My mother, who had to stay with the kids this weekend, chided me for taking my wife shooting instead of taking her on a romantic getaway.  Well, now I have proof that the shooting outing was very romantic indeed O0.  And I think I have a good excuse to buy another gun :).

On a serious note, I was impressed how well the event was run and how much we got to shoot (422 rounds by my count).  It was nice to meet like minded people, learn history and marksmanship.  Looking forward to doing this again!