News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Como, MS June 28/29 AAR

Started by hornet41, July 02, 2014, 09:14:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hornet41

Como just doesn't seem to catch a break!!! It's either talcum powder dust or torrential rain!! This weekend it was rain!! Lots of rain!!
In spite of the forecast the two shooters who registered showed up ready and willing!! In addition we had two shooters walk on!
Only one shooter, Jim, has attended Appleseed previously. Ian, Matthew and Mary Sue were new to Appleseed. Saturday saw heavy rain with brief periods of sun. Wallowing in the mud has become a Como tradition!!!! Rain again Saturday night turned the range into a quagmire! We had to reposition the target line to get out of a mud puddle and then continued.
Ian had an AR15 and I suggested he borrow a loaner 10/22 as he stated he had not shot the rifle but 2 or 3 times! He refused saying he needed to learn to shoot it. I offered several times and he just wouldn't budge. So, I worked with him a lot. His performance was pretty dismal to start but as things progressed he improved a lot.
Mary Sue decided about mid morning Saturday that she just wasn't prepared for Appleseed and took her leave. I hope she returns now that she knows what to expect.
Jim and Matthew were both good shooters out of the chute!! They shot well each day! Jim attained a high score of 211 and earned his patch and Matthew scored a 212 earning his patch!! Ian had progressed from the 20s' into the low hundreds. I was impressed with his grit and determination to learn his rifle!
In spite of the awful weather conditions no complaints were heard and all had a great time!
Hornet41