News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Liberty Seed/7th Step Opportunity, Marengo, Ohio Aug 2, 2014

Started by Corvette, July 02, 2014, 12:11:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corvette

Ohio Appleseed

I was put in contact with Keilee Guthrie by Stand from PA. Keilee is the Associate Director of Education with the US Sportsman Alliance Foundation.  The Alliance works very closely with the Boy Scouts of America and the American Heritage Girls to promote among other things, the shooting sports.  They have a close relationship with Cabelas and other retailers that serve the shooting community. 

Keilee has contacted me in regards to an upcoming American Heritage Girls event coming up in Marengo, Ohio on August 2, 2014.  At this event, they expect to have around 150 people attending counting AHG members and their parents.  Keilee has reached out to Appleseed to find  volunteers to help with this event.

Keilee has offered us the opportunity to make this a LibertySeed.  We will have a table and an area to present our Three Strikes and a DOM presentation several times during the day.  We will do the Strikes and DOM presentation once in the morning and once in the afternoon.  This will be the official Appleseed portion of the event.

The unofficial portion of the event will be providing volunteers to work a BB gun line that the girls will be participating in during the day.  The event will go from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm on August 2, 2014. Lunch will be provided to our volunteers by the Alliance.  I am looking for six folks that are willing to take a day and help Keilee with this event. Those willing to help with the Libertyseed and with the Dangerous Old Men and Women presentations are more than welcome.  Those willing to help on the BB gun range will also be greatly appreciated.

Please PM me with your willingness to help with this event.  Marengo, Ohio is north and east of Columbus, just off I71.  This is a great opportunity to spread the Appleseed message to a young audience and their parents.  I hope that we can provide the support Keilee needs for this event. Let's go Ohio, step up and help spread the message.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Corvette

Ohio Instructors & IITs

Interested in working on your Three Strikes presentation?  Want to give the best Sam or David or Hezekia?  Here is your chance.  Come join us in Morengo Ohio for an American Heritage Girl Trailblazer event.  We will there from 9am to 3pm giving heritage presentations basically on the hour so there will be plenty of chances for those that want to work on their Heritage presentations. 

Morango is north and east of Columbus, just off I71.  Come join me and hey, you will get a free lunch. See you there.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Dougum

I'll be there, that's pretty much my stomping grounds! Come on out and join us

Doug
Love your country, but never trust its government.

-- Robert A. Heinlein

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"

-- George Washington

You say drake I say Brantley gilbert

You say T-Pain I say Jason Aldean

You say Kanye I say randy houser

You say Pink I say Kenny Chesney

You say Pop I scream COUNTRY

You say Justin Bieber I rip your head off

Cadence

"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams

Dougum

Hey fellas I may have to jet out early. Cadence, AVOID MT. GILEAD if you can, I imagine that the GPS will run you through it as you are coming from the north. It will be a nightmare to get through as our Farm Days "festival" is that weekend and saturday is the derby day, for a small farm town traffic will be pretty heavy. I'll be running in the lawnmower classes so I may have to leave a few minutes early to get there for a driver's meeting. But I will be there, and dad probably wont. See you all then,

Doug
Love your country, but never trust its government.

-- Robert A. Heinlein

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"

-- George Washington

You say drake I say Brantley gilbert

You say T-Pain I say Jason Aldean

You say Kanye I say randy houser

You say Pink I say Kenny Chesney

You say Pop I scream COUNTRY

You say Justin Bieber I rip your head off

Cadence

Dougum,

Thanks for the heads up! Looking at a map a couple of weeks ago, I was intending to go down 23 to 229 just south of Waldo and go east to Marengo.

Do you have a list of anyone else who has signed up?
"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams

Corvette

Right now it is just you, Dougum and me.  But I am still hopeful that we can get a couple more before the event. 

Will post the exact address for the event tonight when I get home.

Corvette

Corvette

Dougum/Cadence

Here is the directions to the AHG Libertyseed event Saturday.

71 north to Marengo, Exit 140/Rt. 61.
Turn right on 61.
About one mile out 61, you'll see the town of Fargo sign.
Turn left at that intersection, Co. Rd. 15.
Go about 3 miles.
Turn right on Co. Rd. 170. There are lots of potholes so 10 mph or so works.
Go about 1 mile.

On the left is a one story, white siding ranch w/blue shutters & lots of outbuildings in the back.
A #1 address sticker is on the mailbox.
Sits right on the Delaware/Morrow Co. line.

1 Co. Rd. 170
Marengo
740.625.6011 H
614.420.6011 C

Corvette

Corvette

Much thanks to Dougum and Cadence for helping with this Liberty Seed.  We eventually got the second and third strike presented. Thanks again for you help.

Corvette