News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Custer, WA 28-29 June 2014 AAR

Started by Earl, June 27, 2014, 12:57:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Earl

So I am finalizing packing out for the Appleseed. Have emailed my crew, talked on the telephone with one of them. That is really strange for this Shoot Boss, I was counting on Paul Revere to get the word out quickly. Took the ironed Shooting jacket with pants and shirt, and one new instructor sweatshirt to be ready tomorrow. I have my laser, green, pointer mostly aligned with the sights on the demonstration rifle. The batteries are charging on my kindle and my camera, hoping that lots of folks will like to have their pictures posted here, where they can save them to their own computer (which is what I do).

There are checklists to check things against, still I remain certain that Murphy is riding with me, and the LORD will watch over all our best for Liberty. Ah, rudely brought back to reality by a jar of something that doesn't yield to my my wife's hands.  Did that well.

I am looking forward to two Appleseeds in July, one I get to shoot at, and the other another opportunity to Shoot Boss, a sea fishing excursion, a motorcycle tour of Washington State (a bit) with my brother since the Broncos didn't beat the Seahawks... but like my shooting an AQT, take life one target at a time. Those folks living on multi-tasking aren't marksmen. All the way to the follow through, then change targets and engage.

I do hope many of the twenty-one shooters and seven crew will have thoughts and pictures to share on this AAR. Get a great night's sleep and travel safely. ;)
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

Snoplop

:pics:    ;D

Soon as I get home will sift through all the pictures and get them posted. I'm sure there are a bunch!
I was stuck at work  !@#) ~~:) while the rest of ya'll had a good time  ^:)^    :---

"Then there are sheepdogs," he went on, "and I'm a sheepdog. I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf."

Earl

Well, someone has to have a good time while the rest of the world keeps the lights on, and the wolf from the door. But just so you know it wasn't all AQT grind, I submit a picture of the Shoot Boss, after the end of the Appleseed day one, shooting a fine 1903-A3 and an M1
Garand. Wish you had been here.
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

Earl

No matter what the weather station was forecasting, this has been a fine weekend for an Appleseed. Seven RWVA crew and sixteen shooters on day one, and eleven shooters on day two.

They must have really come to learn, one repeat Rifleman, three new Riflemen and several improving to the point of believing all they soaked up from the Natural Point of Aim and Rifleman's Cadence demonstration. They are going to be back for some polishing when they get some more preparation under their belts.

A few pictures.

Tracey_B

Still uploading pictures to picasa......kinda slow.....this may take a while.  :pop:
I will be at work before they are all downloaded!

Snoplop

"Then there are sheepdogs," he went on, "and I'm a sheepdog. I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf."

Earl

Great photographs, thank you Matthew and that mighty fine camera. O0

Snoplop

Quote from: Tracey_B on June 30, 2014, 04:01:43 PM

Still uploading pictures to picasa......kinda slow.....this may take a while.  :pop:
I will be at work before they are all downloaded!

That's was me, Tracey_B was still logged in on my 'puter...down to around 318 photo's - got ride of some doubles.

Congratulation's to the new Rifleman O0 Awesome job!

The greater the struggle- The more glorious the triumph.

paulw

Thanks for the pictures - it was a weekend of shooting and heritage to remember!
Custer Sportsmen's Club really went all out to support the event and the shooters terrific to work with.
Huzzah for the 3 new Rifleman, Chris, Praveen and Wild, 2 of them rocking the bolt actions. Chris also cleared the final Redcoat.
Special mention to Kyle with a 202 and Bill persisting through equipment challenges to score a 187 on the last AQT of the day.