News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Douglas, WY - 21-22 June 2014

Started by Stuart McKim, June 25, 2014, 12:11:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuart McKim

We had a great event this weekend in Douglas, WY. It's always great to work with so many Americans who care about their heritage and bring their entire family with them! It's clear that you understand posterity.

Saturday went well, with one new Riflewoman and and one new Rifleman! Tanya and Randy are examples of that wonderful word we repeated throughout the weekend: PERSISTENCE!

Sunday started out cool, but warmed up quickly. Through additional review and practice, Frank achieved his Rifleman score. Sometimes it takes a few events, but that persistence paid off here.

Thank you, Joe MacGuire, for volunteering to take up your bucket and start bailing as an Appleseed instructor. Your willingness to help is definitely appreciated, and we look forward to working with you.

Thankfully, the weather was almost ideal for the duration of the event. About half an hour after we finished on Sunday, the heavens opened and rain fell down like a giant swimming pool's bottom fell out. Sometimes we are blessed by timing!

Thank you Converse County Shooting Range for hosting us. You have a great range, including a full 600-yard rifle range (which allowed us to do some distance work on Sunday!).

Thank you all for being attentive students and for making it such an enjoyable event for us as instructors. Remember, persistence is the name of the game, both in marksmanship and in being involved in your country. America needs committed men and women who are willing to persist until they achieve the change we so desperately need. The more concerned citizens involved, the easier the task becomes.

"We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate." - Thomas Jefferson

Note: Larger versions of the above photos are available by clicking on them.

Please chime in with your comments and photos.
"Good positions mean good scores. Poor positions mean poor scores. It's as easy as that." - Rifle Marksmanship with the M1 Rifle (1943)

colonial shooter

Congrats to Randy, Tanya, and especially Frank. Sorry I missed this shoot, but it seems to have turned out spectacular
"When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny." --Thomas Jefferson

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Plato

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

deMontjoie

Wow!  It's cool to see Douglas hosting Appleseed events.  My family (the "Graves" clan) is from Douglas and still owns the homestead just North of town.   I was back there last year and didn't realize that the town had such a nice range. :)

If any of you-all are ever out to the People's Republik of Maryland, about an hour South of Washington DC, please contact me and I'll host you at our local range.  Not 600-yards :-[, but we do what we can with the space that we have.

hawkhavn

deMontjoie,

Be looking for a PM.

HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

Stuart McKim

Thank you, Randy, for the following photographs (click on image to enlarge):

Fred instructing:

A nice day in Douglas:

Listening to history:
"Good positions mean good scores. Poor positions mean poor scores. It's as easy as that." - Rifle Marksmanship with the M1 Rifle (1943)

M1bzrk

Congratulations to Tanya, Randy and Frank!
Many thanks to Stuart (and congrats, also) and to Fred for "filling in".  Also to the Instructors who stepped up and to Joe for taking the orange hat.
I am just sorry to have missed the whole event and especially seeing old friends make Rifleman.
Looks like you had a great crowd and you were probably lucky that I was not there - the rain fell after the shoot, instead of just before.