News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hubertus, WI After Action Report

Started by PaulFromNWCC, June 22, 2014, 10:25:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulFromNWCC

Hello Trisha, My church group attended an Appleseed yesterday and we had a fantastic time! It's hard to beat shooting and the history stories but I'd have to say the volunteers even exceeded both of those. We had a large group for Hubertus. (Wonderful range!) I think there were 28 of us registered and lots of kids.

The Appleseed team was over-the- top- helpful as well as passionate, patient, fun and most importantly, safe.  They treated us like they didn't know we were "flatlanders" from Illinois!  :)

I was hoping to find the volunteers from yesterday on this forum. It would be great to keep in touch and thank them once again - especially Dr. Rich for working with all our kids and Patrick who really organized how to make a group our size work at the range. 

I haven't figured out how to email these folks yet. Any tips would be appreciated.

Assuming you volunteer, thank you for whatever you do for this great and important organization.

Sincerely,
PaulForNWCC (The nwcc stands for my church, Northwest Christian Community in Mundelein. My group may may have been registered under that name but I'm not sure. I'm told there will be some uploads from the event somewhere on here. Thanks again!)

DrRichP

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=41514.0

Hi Paul,

Thank you for the kind words. Experiences such as yesterday's event in Hubertus with your group, and the other fine Americans, are a large part of why out volunteerism is so rewarding. I think I can speak for our entire instructor team when I say thank you. O0

Below are links to send any one of the instructor team a message:
•   Janir (Patrick)
•   DrRichP (DrRichP)
•   Beck "Gunner" (Ralph)
•   Endpoint (Rich)
•   BrightSparc (John)
•   MuskyJerk (Jack)
•   TriggerNick (Nick)

I/we hope to get you see you and the rest of your group (+ some new faces) at an Appleseed real soon.
•   Racine, WI - http://appleseedinfo.org/search-states-location.php?locationid=148&id_event=2622
•   Eagle/McMiller http://appleseedinfo.org/search-states-location.php?locationid=404&id_event=2923

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance and once again ... Thanks You!

DrRichP
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

Gunner

Thanks to NWCC and other shooters for making the Hubertus event a success.  I had a great time interacting with all shooters and working with my fellow AS team of instructors.  All shooters demonstrated positive attitudes and desire to learn history and marksmanship skills. I was particularly pleased that all shooters attempted to adapt to loaner rifles and make the best of their situation with 17 plus loaner rifles on the line. The weather posed a challenge with rain making for wet equipment and less than optimal shooting conditions but we prevailed as a group.

I hope we see NWCC and other Hubertus shooters at other Appleseed events. Now that you have experienced the Appleseed program and message don't forget to take advantage of the 4 boxes (Soap box, Jury, Voter, Cartridge). Keep up with your shooting skills. Treasure our second amendment rights and the sacrifices put forward by others who helped build this great country.

Best Regards,
Gunner (Beck)

Gunner
Love to Shoot
Rain, Shine, or Snow......On the Line!

Janir

My thanks as well to everyone that came out on Saturday. You all worked hard! We do appreciate people who make the effort to come to our events.

As DrRichP pointed out, we have some other 2 day events coming up in SE Wisconsin area in the near future. Love to see some of you at one of them!.

Also got a few pictures here to share with everyone :) Add your own if you can!

Group Photo:

Rich's Raiders!

On the firing line!

YES, you see correctly! We had 2 ppl in period re-enactors dress!

AND A BIG SHOUT OUT OF THANKS TO Racine County Line rifle Club's Youth Program for the donated 22 LR ammunition!
Here's all of the recipients and their ammo!

"The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -Thomas Jefferson

"Our forefathers gave us a better way to refresh the Tree of Liberty. If we give our blood and sweat now,  willingly, by using the political and social processes they secured for us with their lives, maybe our own Posterity will never have to unwillingly spill their blood and tears to re-secure their Liberty. " - Janir

c414gr

Just wanted to tip my cap to the Appleseed crew, the instruction was right on point.  I definitely learned a lot and plan on attending the two day event in Racine with a couple friends.