News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Indianapolis, IN June 7th, 2014

Started by spitfire51, June 10, 2014, 11:05:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spitfire51

It was an absolutely perfect weather day at Marion County Fish and Game in Indianapolis, IN this past Saturday.  7 fine Americans made their way to the range to enhance their marksmanship skills.  We spent the morning ventilating my brand new target line (it didn't look right without holes in it) while shrinking our groups and perfecting our prone positions.  Early morning promise led to afternoon results as our shooting culminated in two AQTs, some phenomenal improvement on the afternoon redcoat, and one new Rifleman.  Our attendee Tim managed to barely avoid getting drenched in ceremonial water from the North Bridge by scoring a 211!  All our shooters made great strides throughout the day, I hope they can make it back soon as many of them are on the verge of being able to earn their patch as well.

Oh yeah, some very important history lessons were included as well, along with everyone hearing about how delicious crumpets can be (who knew?).  I'd like to thank my fellow instructors for taking the time to help me run the event, and all our shooters who made the day a real pleasure.
"A vote is like a rifle, its usefulness depends on the character of the user" -Theodore Roosevelt

greyfox

An exceptionally fine shoot and yes I am now also intrigued regarding crumpets. I will have to sample one or two now on the sly...as any old fox would do.

Best moment was watching all seven shooters simultaneously drop into perfectly aligned and near-perfect prone positions during a dry run of the stage 3 AQT transition. How absolutely cool was that?

Being a gun guy I was also delighted to see a vintage bolt action, tube fed .22 on the line and its owner handling it respectfully and with exceptional skill.

Being an IIT with still an awful lot to learn, it was super working with folks who REALLY....REALLY want to improve their marksmanship skills. That's like living in the tall cotton! Improvements were dramatic and congratulations to our new Rifleman.     

Worst moment...can't think of one though for a while we thought Duncan's issues with his rifle sights might keep him off the paper. Every problem has a solution! Heck, there was even donuts!

Thanks again to spitfire51 and auntiebellum for your guidance during the shoot. Thanks again to TJ and his daughter for showing up early (even though unscheduled) to unlock the gate, helping with the set up and giving me a quick tour of the facilities. TJ even seventh stepped a Marion County Fish and Game Club member before he had to leave for a family gathering. What a wonderful facility with a great history!

Special thanks to each of the seven shooters on Saturday. You are the reason that Project Appleseed exists.   

HoosierTiMMAY

Are they any pictures from this weekend to be posted?

:pics:
Some people like to workout at the gym, I prefer the gun range.

Follow me on Twitter at twitter.com/HoosierTiMMaY