News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Friend in need

Started by sparks1, June 08, 2014, 01:36:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparks1

Friends:  As you know Janl Cooper has had some setbacks this past year. Back surgery, bone eating bacteria from the surgery has wreaked havoc on her back and this past Fri. has a chainsaw incident that almost cost her three fingers and a thumb.

Cooper has an orchard and property that needs some work and maintenance, and is unable to perform. I am going down the weekend of June 21st to lend whatever assistance this DOM can. Putting up wood, mowing, etc.

Can we all rally around her in this time and show support.  Contact me....sparks1775@gmail.com for location and if you can help. It's but a 4 hr. drive for me. Maybe a good time to reinforce old friendships, make new ones, etc.

Thanks
Ron ( Sparks1)
Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

Kosciusko

I'm 30 miles   away.    I'll come, but it will be on crutches.

k

AFTERMATH

Le'me check to see if I've already made commitments, if not I'll be there.
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Taylor

I have a zero pre-reg AS in Rice Lake that w/e...if it gets cancelled I'll be there.
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

FreedomV

I work that weekend but I will stop out the next time I check the bees.
Illegitimi non carborundum

sparks1

Thanks....if anything some  company is nice.  K...you can keep Coop occupied.  :)

Leaving my house Sat. morning at Oh-dark- thirty. ETA 0900? 1000 hrs

(John Maxwell)

muffin308

I'm close by and will be there if nothing comes up.  Let us know if you would like us to bring any tools.   where, when, what?
There...!  His Majesty can now read my name without glasses.  And he can double the reward on my head!  - John Hancock
To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and to be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them. - Richard Henry Lee

sparks1

If you need an address READ my original post....I WILL NOT disclose personal information on a public forum.

It would be nice to have a headcount though....I am planning on bringing some burgers, etc. for a lunch. Water and beverages are on you. It sounds like the jet stream will be lifting into Canada, so expect typical summer temps. (Hydrate)

Just talked to Coop....she welcomes the company and help. says that rifle skills can be honed at her range. So throw in some ammo and a rifle. Tools are pretty much covered for any work we need to do.

Many hands make merry work.  :)

Ron

(John Maxwell)

MagnumFarce

Can you say what town this is near so that I have some idea of where this person lives?

FreedomV

No "details"  but it should be OK to say South East Minnesota, email Sparks if you can help.
Illegitimi non carborundum

Kosciusko

outside La Crescent, MN   

out in the countryside

AFTERMATH

Quote from: sparks1 on June 14, 2014, 11:35:03 AM
If you need an address READ my original post....I WILL NOT disclose personal information on a public forum.

It would be nice to have a headcount though....I am planning on bringing some burgers, etc. for a lunch. Water and beverages are on you. It sounds like the jet stream will be lifting into Canada, so expect typical summer temps. (Hydrate)

Just talked to Coop....she welcomes the company and help. says that rifle skills can be honed at her range. So throw in some ammo and a rifle. Tools are pretty much covered for any work we need to do.

Many hands make merry work.  :)

Ron

I'm in.  PM inbound.
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Taylor

Heading down to RL to troll for walk-ons. Sorry I couldn't help. Please give my best to Coop and Rifledog.
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

sparks1

:pics:

Bummer...no pics that I know of.  Taylor...we did as you asked.   ;)

(John Maxwell)