News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Stevenson, WA 7-8 Jun 2014 AAR

Started by Earl, June 06, 2014, 10:28:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Earl

Packing out the Caravan, and preparing to watch The Longest Day since today is D Day + seventy years. Honor the heritage. Twelve shooters and three instructors on the list, starts at 0830. Get a good nights sleep.
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

Earl

I am back home safely, after two great days of Appleseed at Blue Lake Range. Ten eager shooters showed up and they listened, learned and found new and better marksmanship skills and more about our heritage.

One repeat Rifleman in Joe, one very new Rifleman in Gordon, and two young shooters were highlights of the weekend. It was Sunny and warm. Two centerfire rifles and one Rascal and we had lots to learn and adjust. Total round count per shooter, if they were in Rifleman's Cadence and trusting their NPOA would have made five hundred and seven rounds.

Gordon made his Rifleman patch at 210, and it was such a warm day I am sure he didn't mind the baptism from the Charles River, yes, we used a new bottle of water. Since Joe volunteered to become an IIT0 and Janer passed her IIT3 PC, I am hoping to see others of the fine folks from this weekend in future Appleseeds on the trail, 

I do like having such a fine time.
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

SonOfAdams

Thank you to Earl and his crew.  My son and I had a great time, learned to shoot better, and safely! 

Seriously, not being a marksman myself, teaching my 11 year old son to shoot was difficult.  These folks helped teach him FUNdamentals that I didn't even know.  I wish Appleseed existed when I was a kid!  Take your kids, take yourself, take a friend.  Take someone and go have fun!

janer

We had a nice sunny weekend and a small group of very hard working students.  Everyone showed improvement over the weekend and you were all a pleasure to work with.  Unfortunately, most were "camera shy" so there are not many pictures, but here is Gordon who scored a 210 getting his "baptism" and this rifleman patch from Earl. 

(I apologize if these pictures post upside-down or sideways, if I now why that happens, I'd make it stop!)

Earl

Thanks, Janer, for the fine photos. I am always happy to see myself as others see me, although it never matches my dreams -- I will work on it.

Paladin601

Thank you, all of you. I had a great time, and other than a little bit of sunburn on my neck, thought it went wonderfully. I am looking forward to another. While I learned a lot, I realize I have so far to go.

Gordon

PS. I had to pick a different name, can you imagine, Gordon was already taken.

kenjo

I'll add my 2 cents worth--it was great working with Earl as SB; I learned a lot. The shooters were an exceptional bunch when it comes to bringing a teachable attitude and they all worked very hard, even though many were wilting in the hot sun and dry wind by Sunday afternoon. I took several pictures but after discarding the camera shy folks I don't have many to post. I'll go through them again to make sure no unwanted pictures are posted. Janer did a great job, especially with her SW story. Congratulations to Joe and Gordon for their Rifleman scores, and thanks again to Joe for accepting the orange hat!  ..:..
"At what point then is the approach of danger to be expected? I answer, if it ever reach us, it must spring up amongst us. It cannot come from abroad. If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide."  Abraham Lincoln

Paladin601

Sorry Kenjo, it was Joe that earned the right to accept an Orange hat.

Earl

Paladin601, nice I might remember it. Do continue to work on dry practice, I post an AQT in my home and have a dummy rifle and sling and go through the AQT, one dry fire round at a time, I have timers and if I did it often enough I would ace all my AQTs, but I don't.  I have seen the report that you accepted the orange hat on Facebook, but I tried to correct that, but the person that wrote it said I should check my notes. which I did and now two RWVA folks are saying the same thing, so you will have to be a a couple more Appleseeds and shoot that Rifleman score even better again. and then volunteer - I would be pleased to present you a hat. We wouldn't want anyone to think we make mistakes nor tell less than the truth about anything, especially April 19, 1775. Keep seventh stepping, as Noah learned so well - tell everyone about Appleseed and how much fun it was.

See you on the trail.

George Hacker

Paladin601, I'm the one who started the rumor that you took an orange hat. I got you and Gordon confused and made the post on FB, which I have just corrected.

Congratulations on earning your patch! Well done. O0

ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

kenjo

Quote from: Paladin601 on June 10, 2014, 01:36:53 AM
Sorry Kenjo, it was Joe that earned the right to accept an Orange hat.

Thanks for the correction--fixed it.  :slap:
"At what point then is the approach of danger to be expected? I answer, if it ever reach us, it must spring up amongst us. It cannot come from abroad. If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide."  Abraham Lincoln