News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Kilkenny, MN May 17-18, 2014

Started by BuzzG, May 22, 2014, 11:35:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BuzzG

Faribault Rifle and Pistol Club

Spring has finally arrived in Minnesota. This is our first shoot at the Faribault Rifle and Pistol Club and we are off to a good at this new venue.

Saturday had 11 shooters answer the muster call with a wide variety of rifles. The sound of center-fire in the morning is just wonderful! After the first Red Coat target, we got to work. The shooters took to the instruction quite well and were producing some tight groups in the prone position before lunch break. During lunch we heard the story of the First Strike of the match and were amazed at the fact that 14,000 were on the way to Concord within 24 hours of hearing the call.

After lunch, the seated position was taught and the shooters eventually all got a position they could work with and the shot groups tightened up quickly. After some Natural Point of Aim drills and learning the Standing position we worked in the Second Strike at break time and learned about the heritage of Marksmanship.

We got in an Army Qualification Target and had one shooter score 208 off the bat. Others needed more work with the  transitions. We heard the story of the Third Strike of the match and learned how the fire of war actually got started. When we shot the second Red Coat, the shooters showed good improvement.

Sunday morning the weather was perfect and we got off to a fast start with 11 shooters returning for the second day. We worked on more NPOA and cadence drills and worked in a fun shoot with the "TV on a couch" target. The AQT grind quickly produced our first Rifleman with Brett scoring 218. He shot several other qualifying scores to prove he was a man who knows very well what he was about. Others were knocking on the door of the needed 210 score and with dry-fire practice, they will be Riflemen next time out.

Thanks to the Faribault Rifle and Pistol Club for hosting our first shoot. We hope to be back many more times.The club officers were very helpful in making the shoot go smoothly.

Thanks to the shooters for coming out and putting in a great deal of effort through the whole weekend. Thanks to Mike (woody35), Alex (Aftermath) and Brad (Brad76) for helping out for the weekend.

If you thought about signing up for this one, you missed a great shoot. Don't miss the next one.

BuzzG

AFTERMATH

I apologize for being a bit late to the AAR - But BuzzG summed it up quite well anyway.

It was great to have those centerfires on the range, and good to know that I must have taught Brett a few things at his last shoot.  Congratulations again!  (Of course, he was obligated to catch up to his son Deven anyway.)
Thanks for the tour as well!

We had a few other folks who were right there at the edge too!  Hammering away, but round counts and malfunctions kept them from their prize. 

“What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated.”
     -Thomas Paine

I look forward to future events at this range - Especially those with an opportunity to utilize that KD range!

Thank you all!

Alex

P.S.  I do have a photo of our Rifleman, but I've gotta find my camera!
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

AFTERMATH

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]