News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Nashville, IN - May 17/18, 2014

Started by slim, May 18, 2014, 11:37:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slim

Placeholder. Feel free to post your stuff.

AuntieBellum

Huzzah!

[Pics to be inserted here.]
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

Trisha

This is the most exciting AAR I've come across $$-0

brianheeter

woot!

Seriously....  We had yet another great, successful and fun shoot in beautiful Brown County.  The weather was a little cool on Saturday and pretty close to ideal on Sunday.  We had young and old, families and individuals, novices and seasoned veterans.  We saw improvement in marksmanship from one end of the line to the other.  And people who had never heard the history of how our nation got its start heard the true story.

We got two Rifleman out of the weekend, too.  Congratulations go to Loren (greyfox) and Monty.  HUZZAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!  Well done, men.  You truly know very well what you are about.

I saw AB and TJ snapping some photos...care to share those?

C ya,

brian
(refuse to) Kiss the Ring!

Richard1580

This was my fourth Appleseed and it was well worth the drive. 

The weather was as close to perfect as one could reasonably hope for, the people were great (as usual), the RO's were on the job keeping everyone safe, and the history of April 19th was well presented.  Kudos to the RWVA volunteers who made it a fun shoot.

I was disappointed in myself that I only shot a 207, but I saw improvement and have identified the areas on which I need to work.  I finally started using the loop sling when shooting seated and prone (previously I had only been using the hasty) and that certainly helped.  I also came up with a way to add some additional length to my stock, which should help me in keeping consistent eye placement on the scope.

Hopefully, everyone had as much fun as I did.

Rich

TJ Kackowski

As noted the weather this weekend was incredible as were the fine Americans who showed up to attend this Appleseed.  Driving home Sunday evening, I reflected on our weekend of shooting, storytelling, fun, and fellowship, and am once again convinced that we're moving this country in the correct direction.

Below are a few pictures I snapped before AuntieBellum pulled out her professional camera rig and I stashed by 'ol beat up point and shoot.

The beginning

Epic pose with epic haircuts.  Slim has a kindred spirit in young Brody.

Instructions and practice

Scoring the Sunday Redcoat target.

This young man was the only one who joined Morgan's Riflemen on Sunday!  Congratulations Charlie!  Huzzah!

Rayne

~
QuoteDo not forget those who fought for your Liberties and Freedoms and take care to guard them against all tyranny.

Rayne

~
QuoteDo not forget those who fought for your Liberties and Freedoms and take care to guard them against all tyranny.

Dave G 8588

This was my first Appleseed. I had read several reviews from other folks and their experiences with Appleseed, all being very positive. I can certainly add myself to that list.
I'd like to thank all the RWVA volunteers overseeing things this past weekend. Your passion is evident. The instructors were so helpful in how they explained things. You made the learning fun.
Congratulations to the two gentlemen who earned their Rifleman badges. That was motivating to see and yes it is now a quest.
Thank you TJ for letting me shoot your Garand....how cool is that?
Thank you for a great weekend of shooting. I will most certainly be back.

Take away list:
1. NPOA
2. NPOA
3. NPOA
4. Keep real still when shooting
5. RWVA folks are some fine people and equally fine instructors and story tellers
6. Appleseed participants are some fine people also
7. Elbow pads go on the necessary equipment list along with ear and eye pro
8. Slim loves donuts

The man who thinks he knows it all, never will!

greyfox

I am blessed to be an American...albeit a hard-headed one. These days, I insist on living a life that is based on a commitment to faith, family and individual liberty. 

This was my third Appleseed, my second at Nashville. Each Appleseed has been better than the one before...this most recent event now being my favorite. Not only because I was able to take home a Rifleman's patch, but also because I was offered and accepted the opportunity to become an Appleseed instructor in training.

T.J. pointed out to me on Sunday that "shooting Riflemen is only the beginning". Sage advice, as I understand that the path forward to best serving Appleseed participants and, in time, full instructor will require a lot of work. But I think that America is worth it.

Special thanks to Rayne...who at each Appleseed has step-by-step helped me peel away some seriously-crummy shooting habits. I still have some big-time work to do in that area if I am to ever rise to the level of consistently effective marksmanship. 

Also thanks to Slim, Brian, Slow2Speak, Auntiebellum, and all the others who have each given so much of themselves as full and in training instructors to every person on the firing line.

I know the level of your commitment and ability...because I have been watching your work. And, I am in awe. 

Loren         

Rayne

~

grunt soldier

I guess it's time for me to comment :)  I'm a bit slow but I usually get around to it.  it was a awesome weekend.  I wish I could have made it back for sunday but it wasn't in the cards.  weather was very nice.  shooters had awesome teachable attitudes.  great day and great Americans!

The youth. well to say you young folks made me proud is a understatement to say the least.  You guys and gals give me hope for the future!  we must continue to work hard to preserve these freedoms we have now.  thank you for getting up off the couch and putting xbox on hold for a few days!  Please keep it up.
custom kydex solutions.  specializing in sheaths and holsters.  let me know if I can do something for you fellow seeders :)  some pics of our work below

http://s967.photobucket.com/albums/ae158/gruntsoldier2/

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." - Chief Aupumut (1725), Mohican.

Rayne

~